Grunn Drei Dubbel | Groningse Stadsbrouwerij

Groningse Stadsbrouwerij
Netherlands
grunn-speciaalbier.nl

Style: Tripel

"Dubbel" in the name, but it is a Tripel.

Added by paterlodie on 04-19-2005

Reviews by orz:
3.56/5  rDev -4%

A: Wow! That beer really looks interesting. Color: dirty gold amber. Cloudy. It has some a lot of yeast suspension. Even though I let the beer rest for a day, I didn't agitate it at all, while pouring I left some beer in the bottle, there was still a lot of yeast in the glass. Head is white, not really thick, but looks nicely. However, it collapses too quickly.

S: Yeast, malts, citrus. Nothing special.

T: It tastes like a sweet pilsner. The hop bitterness is strong, which I really enjoy but I cannot feel complexness, anything else.

M: Nice carbonation, not disturbing alcohol. OK.

D: I would call it a competition for commercial beers. It is nice with food and I guess you drink two or three in a row without too much thinking about the taste.

3.83/5  rDev +3.2%

Huge dense white head remained an inch thick leaving thick patches of lace as I drank the beer underneath. Strong phenolic aroma of pineapple, alcohol, and dough. Slightly hazy straw colored beer holds an endless swarm of bubbles. Slightly sweet, soft flavor. A bit of candied pineapple up front along with some banana and pale malt. Strong bite of both alcohol and hops kicks in and pulls the beer into the finish. A good tripel, but not great. I can't put my finger on what was missing, but overall I enjoyed it.

3.68/5  rDev -0.8%

Poors in perfect with huge white head and clear golden beercolor. Nose is litle empty for a tripel and reminds more of a blond. Good hoparome though and some maltyness make the beer enjoyable. Taste is much better then the nose lets expect. Nice malty notes combined with a good but not to intensive hoppyness make this beer enjoyable and easy drinkable. Aftertaste is dry and hoparomatic. Good beer but be aware of the 8.5% ABV that's well hidden.

3.5/5  rDev -5.7%