Munich Helles | Ram Restaurant & Brewery

Ram Restaurant & Brewery
Illinois, United States
theram.com

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DrinkSlurm on 11-03-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by DrinkSlurm:
3.67/5  rDev 0%

Having been to Oktoberfest (and Munich), of course I know consider myself an expert on all things Munich (I hope the reader knows my sarcasm). Ram seasonal (says seasonal #1 on the tap)
So, it pours and acts like a Helles, little head with a golden color; although this is a bit darker than a "real" Munich Helles. Smells of banana? And alcohol.
It tastes a bit more lager-like than a helles, but its pretty good representation for being brewed (where is this brewed anyway?), not in germany. Seems heavier or heartier that its Munich counterpart, and seemingly more alcohol. I can really feel it on the tongue. I had several of the Ram brews this evening, and surprisingly, this was my favorite.

On a side note about the food here...
I've been to the Ram in Schaumburg several times and they have a Peanut Butter Bacon Burger that is out of this world! This location doesn't have it! I hope its not a company-wide descision...

Oh and for the last time...stop trying to give me a frosty mug!

2.5/5  rDev 0%