Oranjeboom Premium Lager | Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.

poor
poor
Read the review
Oranjeboom Premium LagerOranjeboom Premium Lager

Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.
Netherlands
interbrew.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by Jason on 08-21-2002

4.38/5  rDev +52.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2.56/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.13/5  rDev +8.7%

2.9/5  rDev +0.7%

4.49/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

3.14/5  rDev +9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I'm surprised this gets so many low reviews, it's pretty good. Given to me by a Trader Joe's frequent customer and poured gently from a 16oz can into a pint glass.

A = slight orange hue in its otherwise clean and clear lager appearance, with fairly active head at first, dissipating to fair rimming and lacing for a few minutes.

S = modest nose, with typical lager style musty malts and some mild hops florals, not very strong.

T = fairly decent, a typical Euro lager flavor with a hint of orange which I guess was part of their tribute to the House of Orange, as explained in its history on the can. I mean......... the history on the 16oz beer can states this. I like it and would buy more if we had a Trader Joe's. Modest bitters. And I'd only poured 12 ounces so I discovered another 4 ounces in the can, over an hour later. It was room temperature. And a surprise, there were nice red apple notes. Next time I'll make sure I pour the entire can! And by the way, NO SKUNKING with the can version.

F = clean, pleasant, middle of the road, slight bitters lingering for a while.

O = a nice fair-quality drinkable lager which isn't outstanding in any regard but impresses me as a very acceptable table beer or session beer or great for a game day party. It's no Paulaner but I like it better than the Heineken's I've been buying lately to avoid ABV% and live yeast bloating me.

Golden color, high clarity, 1/4" head. Aroma was watery and effervescent.

Taste delivered some skunk, high carbonation, pale malts, vienna? Very similar to Heineken. If you know what you want, and just want an easy drinking skunky euro lager by the pool, this is a decent choice.

2.5/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.56/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Drank from bottle, murky and cloudy yellow in color, decent initial lacing that dissipates quickly to almost non existing. Grainy scent and tastes a bit bitter with malt and hop finish, nothing that particularly stands out, medium carbonation. overall, a beer that is a bit bland with a hop aftertaste and bitterness that does not last too long, would pair with food rather than on its own.

2.25/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.17/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: Straw, golden brown, akin to watered down ginger ale, not too bad but the head dissipates quickly.

Smell: Yeasty, almost stale bread, sweetness, very cliché, bland lager smell

Taste: Extremely metallic, bitter, reminding of licking a battery to test the charge

Feel: Watery, at first very carbonated but after a short time the carbonation settles, albeit too much, and makes it feel stale, like the bottle contained nothing but dregs.

Picked up for $10aud and would not think to pay any more for it.

2.12/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Can from Trader Joes. Typical euro lager, very malty and kind of musty. Foamy head on pour, aroma not much, but not off either. Nothing too appealing when there are far better Dutch lagers to be had....

3.5/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Looks like a typical euro lager; straw color, light head, thin lace. Smells sweet, sweet taste and finish. Very clean. Light and easy to drink. I don't think it was as bad as others have reviewed it here, but it was pretty bland. I cannot see myself seeking this one out in the future.

2.73/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

1.52/5  rDev -47.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: dark golden colour, looks somewhat syrupy. Builds up a pretty big head that dissipates quickly living a lace on top of the glass.

Smell: don't know what to say really, its a profoundly bitter smell that doesn't hide the alcohol at all.

Taste: it's a bitter and somewhat creamy taste, the alcohol coming after that, almost no carbonation. I drank it quite cold and it seemed really dense and syrupy, as those beers that are pretty warm.

Mouthfeel: as I said, it felt creamy, maybe a little oily, with almost no carbonation. The truth is that I as soon as I took a sip, I wanted to gulp it, because I didn't like it that much.

Overall: a pretty ordinary beer, it's not even one you'd choose to drink on a hot day.

3.84/5  rDev +33.3%

A bit hoppish with some delicate flavors hidden behind that that are off the beaten path. For that reason, I like bottled best [minimum distortion], and leave the last half ounce alone. An acquired taste best enjoyed in a glass, and great with a pretzel or a meal.

2.7/5  rDev -6.2%

1.87/5  rDev -35.1%
look: 4 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2

I picked up a single can of this beer at my local Trader Joe’s.

With a bold light straw color, it’s very…bland. While it does have some nice biscuity flavors, it’s surprisingly faint for the style. Overall, it’s as though you’re having flavored water, like Budweiser, any “light” beers and a weak version of Asahi. You’re better off trying out other Oranjeboom beers or, better yet, going to the Netherlands and trying out all the Brand Biers over there. Those are fantastic beers and are only sold in the Netherlands, so make good use of your time over there (And be careful not to take in more than you can handle!). :)

2.28/5  rDev -20.8%

So I intended to write a serious review of this beer until I tasted it. Pretty mediocre to me. Well then I checked the date on the bottom of the can and discovered the can was filled Dec. 19, 2014! Well that explains the ordinary look smell and flavor of this beer. I remembered it was pretty tasty last time I had it. Thanks to Trader Joe's I was able to buy a single and don't have 3 or 5 more to mow through. I have put in numbers that reflect this stale beer and will edit and re-number if needed when I obtain a newer can. Cheers!

3.13/5  rDev +8.7%

2.57/5  rDev -10.8%

Oranjeboom Premium Lager from Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.