Badass American Lager | Michigan Brewing Company

1.25/5  rDev -54%

1.75/5  rDev -35.7%

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

2.61/5  rDev -4%

A friend gave me a bottle try out and since it is American owned and American made (to my understanding) I will drink it.

A: Looks like urine. Lime yellow, pale doesn't explain how watered down it looks. Fizzy, bubbly head runs away after several seconds.

S: Crisp, hint of sweet honey, biscuit tangy lager aroma.

T: Tastes like carbonated water. No alcohol presence at all.

M: If I would believe it was carbonated green tea if told so. No mouthfeel at all.

O: Better than BMC light lagers (have not had one in two years:), smooth yet not my thing. I would use this as mouthwash in-between an IPA and a Stout to help rinse out my pallet.

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%

12 oz can

Michigan Brewing Badass American Lager poured into my mug a very, very, light [one of the lightest I have seen] clear yellow producing a thin white head that just vanished in no time. Due to its very anemic appearance I wasn’t expecting much from this beer. However, Badass did deliver more than its appearance showed. The aroma is of the American Pale Lager style…very light malt. The flavor is a bit more promising. The taste is of light malt with a touch of hops.

I am afraid I like Kid Rock better than “his” beer. Despite some of its short comings I would choose Badass over many American macro adjunct/light lagers.

3.52/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - Pours a very pale yellow/straw color with a half inch thick, white creamy looking head that dissipates instantly. Has thin lacing.

Smell - Kind of skunky, strong scent of corn, grains, yeast, and a subtle sweetness.

Taste - Very malty and sweet.. Corn and grains is the most present flavor. Maybe a slight bit of citrus. Has a little bit of a skunky/grass flavor as well.

Mouthfeel - Light bodied with high carbonation.

Overall - Seems like this tastes better the second time having it.. It has a pretty good flavor to it but I don't like the carbonation.

2.37/5  rDev -12.9%

My contribution to our Madison Heights bad(ass) beer tasting. Served somewhat inappropriately in a tulip. Purchased from a grocery store in Royal Oaks.

A - Surprisingly decent head retention and lacing for the style, that eventually settles to a partial white cap and thick collar. Fizzy transparent yellow body.

S - Sharp grains, creamed corn, yeasty bread, lightly floral hops, and a faint touch of skunk.

T - Lots of corn, that lingers indefinitely through the finish and aftertaste. A kiss of pale malt and fruitiness, and some of that steamed rice and "generic" beer yeastiness. Gets saccharine and cloying as it warms up.

M - Fizzy, slightly harsh carbonation, medium-light body, and a lightly sticky finish. No trace of the listed 4.2% ABV - impressive.

D - The name is clearly punctuated incorrectly - I believe it should be "Bad, Ass, Lager". Would probably pair nicely with a Kid Rock record and some grilled roadkill.

1.75/5  rDev -35.7%

A - This beer pours an extremely pale straw color. This is probably the palest beer I have ever seen. It has a 2-finger fluffy white head on top. The head has pretty good retention, and it leaves a few specs of lace behind on the glass.

S - The nose is pretty faint. From what I am getting though, it basically smells like your average light lager. Some graininess and corn-like sweetness. There is also a really faint hop aroma.

T - The taste pretty much follows the nose. It starts off with some grainy malt and some corn sweetness. There is a small amount of hop presence detectable, as well as a bit of citrusy lemon flavor. The finish leaves some lingering citrus and grainy malt.

M - This has a pretty light body and average carbonation. It goes down easy and has a pretty smooth feel to it. There is some sweetness. This would definitely benefit if the body wasn't so thin.

O - This has okay drinkability. I mean it goes down easy and it would be easy to drink a few in a night. Overall, It just isn't an impressive beer. It is just your typical pale lager, and just really isn't interesting. I wouldn't recommend picking it up.

1.24/5  rDev -54.4%

A. Highly watered down lemonade, almost clear, no lacing, quick fading snow white head

S. Limited,nearly non-existant. Maybe the best aspect of this beer.

T. Like nothing I've had before, nothing, except for the faint hints of lemon perrier

M. Once again, Lemon Perrier. Actually I am doing an injustice to Lemon Perrier.

O. a great gag (literally) gift for any beer lover, just make sure that you leave before they become disgusted with this beer.

1.5/5  rDev -44.9%

6 pack given to me by my boss. pours out pale yellow just like all other light lager. Smells a bit skunky which is surprising given that it's in a brown bottle.

Tastes like most light lager with a tiny bit more bite. If you like Yuengling lager you would probably like Badass.

Not much to this beer, thin and watery I guess if you served this at a BBQ in the summer most people would drink it. But I wouldn't pay money for it.

3.58/5  rDev +31.6%

Great beer but you must get it fresh. I've had this from some stores where it was probably sitting on the shelf for months, you have to buy it fresh. preferably as close to Webberville, Michigan as possible. This beer pours a golden yellow and smells of wheat. If its good the first taste with have this wheat/corn deliciousness taste to it. It really is a good 'budweiser' but not much more than that.

I recently tried this on a trip to Michigan earlier last month. Although the label was a nice touch, the beer itself is a different story. And that's where I'll be brutally honest. To begin with, the taste smacked of wheat. Lots of it. There was little foam retention for the head, and the color of the "beer", if you can truly call it that, was a pale yellow color. There was little in the way of hops that I noticed, too. Now, I know who came up with it. Rock's taste in beer apparently sucks, because to be honest, it's like he simply popped the label off a bottle of PBR or a bottle of Budweiser and threw the current label on instead. Like Kid Rock's music itself, this beer absolutely sucks.

2.83/5  rDev +4%

12oz cab
Served in a pilsner glass

A - I have never seen a beer this light in color. It is almost devoid of color. It is a very diluted yellow. Plenty of white head.

S - Lots of grain and grass

T - I also get lots of grain here, too.

M - Thin and watery