Dos Equis Dos-A-Rita | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Dos Equis Dos-A-RitaDos Equis Dos-A-Rita
2.78/5
Poor
Dos Equis Dos-A-RitaDos Equis Dos-A-Rita

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico

1.1/5  rDev -60.4%

2.8/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.79/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.29/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

3.79/5  rDev +36.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

One of the few "margarita" beverages that doesn't taste sickeningly sweet. If you think this is sweet, you haven't tried the Bud Light line of products. Tastes more like a lager-hybrid as the label says than a malt beverage.

2.5/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.52/5  rDev -9.4%

The creator of The CANQuest (tm) was in Chicago for the umpteenth time at the end of SY 2014-'15 and people scoffed at him since the plan was to return for today's GTMW, but I struck while the iron was hot. It was a good thing that I did as work precluded me from going again this year.

From the CAN: "The Original Dos-A-Rita"; Sweetened with 100% Agave nectar"; "Imported from Mexico"; "Introducing The Original Dos-A-Rita"; "Handcrafted in Mexico, the Dos-A-Rita combines two traditional Mexi[CAN] favorites: the Margarita and Dos Equis Lager. Sweetened with 100% Agave Nectar, this great tasting blend of authentic margarita flavors and lager makes a perfectly balanced and satisfying [CAN]bination. Served cold over ice, it is the perfect [CAN]pliment to a summer day or an interesting night."

I Crack!ed open this monster of a 24-fl. oz. CAN, but I could not initiate an inverted Glug due to its size. My aggro pour netted a fizzy finger of eggshell-white head with limited retention. Color was Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled like the little bottle of ReaLime that my maternal grandmother kept in her reefer when I was a kid. She was a hardcore teetotaler so I am sure that she used it for cooking. Mouthfeel was medium, but sticky. The taste was very lime-like, but it was also as sweet as it could possibly get. Jesus! I felt diabetic shock with every sip.The finish was semi-dry, thanks to the lime juice, but it left me with a sticky, CANdy-like feeling in my mouth. Final tally = no bueno!

3.08/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Let me get this straight, I only bought this because I currently am trapped in a small town with very little craft beer offerings aside from the lonely liquor store that is too far from me to walk on a very hot and rainy day. I review these shitty drinks because we as craft brewers have an equal responsibility to review both good beers and bad beers. Reviewing bad beers is actually more important because people use this website often while shopping for something to try and they need to be informed of what to avoid. Stuff like this, though, has it's place in the world.

Look: Poured a very clear and pale lager yellow but with an impressively dense and present head that diminishes smoothly to a one finder tuft.

Smell: The smell is heavy with artificial lime sweetness that is backed by a cardboard-like aroma from the presence of the sub-par lager yeast.

Taste: It has a good balance of sweetness that is loosely supported by the lager which is watery and simple. I can see myself enjoying this on a very hot day in front of some beef fajitas if I had no other option of anything to drink.

Feel: Crisp and refreshing.

Overall: This is what it is; pretty sweet but cheap and has enough alcohol to look at twice but obviously isn't beer.

1.58/5  rDev -43.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Awful..., not sure why I would want this ever.

2.96/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

3.5/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Dos-A-Rita brewed by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.. with an ABV of 7.20% This brew pours out a cloudy amber color with a nice white head. The smell of Dos-A-Rita is bitter sweet. This brew put you in the the mind of an energy drink. There is a hit of grains and malts, in the smell of this brew. The taste is bold with flavors of margarita and brew. Not saying that is a bad thing . The mouthfeel of Dos-A-Rita is rich, smooth and full flavored. I like how this brew has a nice real margarita taste to it. Dos-A-Rita is different from most brews on the market, and I like that about this brew. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. did a nice job with this one, I would buy this brew again. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3.5 out of 5

3.21/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from an 8 oz. can. Has a pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of limes, little else. Taste is limes, light sourness, a touch of sweetness at the finish. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

this makes me cringe!
my wife bought this for a dollar and it was in a mini can...supposed to taste like a margarita w/a beer in it???
how weird!
no no no!
beyond the pale...unacceptable behaviour...crossed the line.
Strange beer in a Strange can...i did not grok.

3.1/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.97/5  rDev +6.8%

2.25/5  rDev -19.1%

3.25/5  rDev +16.9%

3.5/5  rDev +25.9%

3.25/5  rDev +16.9%

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Dos Equis Dos-A-Rita from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.