Bohemia | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

BohemiaBohemia

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
cuamoc.com

Style: German Pilsener

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-18-2001

Ratings: 1,067 |  Reviews: 418
1.23/5  rDev -64.1%

Appearance - Light yellow. Tall soapy white head that shrinks quickly into a mere film. Very clear and bubbly.

Smell - Light hops.

Taste - Begins quite watery. Finishes with rather prominent floral hops. A little jarring and not all that tasty.

Mouthfeel - Very light.

Drinkability - Different, but not a good different. I would turn down another of these. I'm pretty sure, also, that this is not a Vienna Lager probably a Pilsner.

1.25/5  rDev -63.6%

1.25/5  rDev -63.6%

1.36/5  rDev -60.3%

1.68/5  rDev -51%

1.71/5  rDev -50.1%

Not a good beer. I don't know what I was expecting, but I guess I was expecting too much. Not much appearance. It looked like half sprite and half mountain dew. The smell? What smell. I couldn't smell anything.
Taste was pretty bad. I was expecting some kind of hops, maybe a little citrusy tinge, but I was really let down. All I tasted was the carbonationand a tad of sweetness. At the very end there was a tiny hoppy taste, but it disappeared quite quickly. The mouthfeel was fizzy, like a normal pilsener, but more like a carbonated beverage than a smooth, silky lager from "Bohemia". No aftertaste, either.

I'm not a fan of putting lemons or limes in a beer, and I don't think any kind of citrus fruit could have rescued it.

1.73/5  rDev -49.6%

Poured a very pale yellow with a fizzy, white head composed of very large bubbles. Smell was off- it seemed sour, stale,and like something unpleasant had been burning (not sure what it was). The taste was harsh and very bitter. I can't tell exactly what was in the taste, but it clashed. No real things I could identify as hops or malt or such. Is it this bad or is this one skunked?

1.76/5  rDev -48.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -48.1%

I grabbed one of these at the company picnic the other day. I wish I hadn't. I mean, I'd heard it wasn't great, but it was still a let down.

A - Pale straw yellow with a fairly big bright white head.
S - Corn and plastic scent. Doesn't make me want to drink it.
T - I wish I didn't drink it. Tastes like canned corn.
M - Pretty non-existent.
D - Goes down smooth due to wateriness, but I won't be grabbing another even if it's free.

1.93/5  rDev -43.7%

Thin white head. Sickly pale straw body. Corn and nut smell. Tastes, in order of intensity, like Crayon, tobacco, and wet paper. Not refreshing in any way. The flavors are not pleasant. Perhaps I just got a bad bottle. I'll give it another shot some day because I really feel this is very unenjoyable. The first thing that came to my mind was "Is this just supposed to be the style?"

1.95/5  rDev -43.1%

A small white head with fine-large bubbles that quickly dissipated.The body was clear with carbonation observed.This beer's hue was yellow-gold and the nose was malty.The flavor was somewhat bitter and lightly hoppy.Its mouthfeel was tingly, thin and light bodied.There was very little lacing with this beer.In my opinion there is nothing that really stood out with this beer and it was rather a boring beer to drink and rate.

1.95/5  rDev -43.1%

Pours an oddly green-tinged yellow, flat top but mega-fizzy. Clear, thin-looking, bland.

Smells revoltingly sweet. Lots of corn grain with brown sugar and little else. Just bland and sweet. While I'm surprised that it has a smell, it's not pleasantly so. It's like when you first discovered Lady Gaga had a penis. It may or may not have been a surprise, but it certainly wasn't a pleasant one.

Taste is less sweet, thankfully. Still mostly bland though - watery on the assault that gets a bit sweet, bordering on malty, towards the mid, a touch of cereal grain on there that becomes slightly tart towards the back. Touch of vanilla late is the most interesting thing, but it can't save an otherwise very bland palate.

Bit of texture on the feel but still pretty thin. Carbonation tingle is not overblown though.

There seems to be a noticeable effort put into this beer that isn't present in most bland Mexican lagers. But it's not enough for me not to lump this in with all the others as uninspiring, insipid swill.

1.99/5  rDev -42%

No head to speak of. Color is only slightly darker than ginger ale.

Ho hum hops in the nose, but a bit floral.

Very neutral mouthfeel, not much going on. Tasted better than it looked. Never could pinpoint the floral smell, but you can taste is as well as you can smell it.

Almost no finish to speak of, which is probably a good thing for this dreadful beer.

Drinkable only in the sense that it really doesn't taste like much. This beer almost has to be drank with something else as there is little flavor. Only a dedicated Bud drinker would consider this a "clasica" import.

Bohemia from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.