Tecate Michelada Diablo | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Tecate Michelada DiabloTecate Michelada Diablo
Tecate Michelada DiabloTecate Michelada Diablo

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Gagnonsux on 04-03-2015

View: Beers
3.93/5  rDev +18.7%

wubba lubba dub dub

1.83/5  rDev -44.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Tomato snot.

4.37/5  rDev +32%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Compared to other Micheladas, Tecate seems to have a nice Balance between tomato juice, lime, spice and beer while still representing the true Tecate style. Problems with other Micheladas is too much lime or an after taste from the beer. Most beers use Clamato for the mixer and add lime juice which is the problem with ordering this drink at a bar. Some bars use lime salt or some variance which over-does it even more.

Tecate Diablo is worth the money imhao.

4.21/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours tomato red with three fingers of large bubble head that subsides in about twenty seconds. It has a sort of lace that is all tomato pulp.
Smell is tomatos smokey chile some flavoring spice.
Taste is lager beer with tomato juice chile celery salt lime and maybe a bit of Worstershire sauce. There is a moderate chile burn on the edges of my tongue.
Mouthfeel is medium to full with good carbonation. Finish slightly dry with a long chile spice flavor.
Overall the best of the pre mixed Micheladas so far. Nice beer for the style.

1.84/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

3.5/5  rDev +5.7%

3.12/5  rDev -5.7%

It smells like I guess it should smell: beerish tomatoey bit of malt. Fuzzy head faded to nothing immediately. Flavor's like nose, soft carbonation doesn't help. A tiny bit spicy. It's ok.

My favorite chelada by far. Better than bud and modelo

3.89/5  rDev +17.5%

I like Micheladas so when I saw this a the local Mexican Butcher shop, I had to try it. This isn't exactly a beer that a connoisseur pours into a glass and enjoys, so I popped the can open and shotgunned it. Right off the bat I was impressed with the flavor. Micheladas that I am used to are made with a type of salsa but this one had a hard tomato juice flavor with the right amount of beer flavor to make it a well rounded Michelada. Also the low alcohol content make it a beer you can enjoy rather liberally. If you're interested I wold like to suggest adding a little Cholula or Valentina to spice it up a little.

3.72/5  rDev +12.4%

Looks red as tomato juice with a lot of fizzy bubbles thrown in and that is where the taste is at. The taste is of tomato juice with a bit of salt and some beer flavor hidden in here as well. Also tasting the lime coming through. As far as smell goes I was falling flat so I think I kind of skipped that category. Just could not find much to smell with my old sniffer. Mouth fell is light, fizzy and has a nice finish.
Overall much better than some of these mixed in a can beer and tomato juice concoctions. I had one that a real bitter off putting taste. If you absolutely have to have a red beer in a can, like if you are heading out to the park, this would be my choice. Otherwise I prefer to mix my own anyhow when I do want a red beer. By the way at 3.5% ABV this would be a nice refresher for a summer outing, if it was a very cold can on ice.

3.97/5  rDev +19.9%

As pre-made micheladas go, this one is not bad at all. It has a little more chile heat and a noticeable celery salt savoriness.

Opaque red, not chunky whatsoever. Fizzy, filmy pink bubbles at first, which fade quickly.

Aroma is savory, celery seed is at the forefront, savory seasonings like maggi or worcestershire.
Taste is savory with a pleasant chile heat, lime/tomato are there but not harsh or acidic, not too salty.
The underlying beer is so tasteless it becomes a vehicle for the adjuncts, but at least it's a quenching mix. Light bodied with the texture of a light bloody mary. Overall I liked it more than I thought I would.

2.18/5  rDev -34.1%

2.82/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Tacate taste like,well just about any other beer. Golden yellow nicely carbonated with little head and light smell. If you like Bud,Miller or PBR you're going to like this . I'll give it a C

2.94/5  rDev -11.2%

Cloudy burnt orange color with a substantial head formation that doesn't last. Head color is a dirty orange.

Smells strongly of tomatoes. Faint roasted Chile scent. Slightly smoky but I can't pick up any citrus scent.

Starts out tasting like tomato juice with a mild pepper burn. Sensation of celery salt, your basic beer bloody mary, which is pretty much what tomato based Cheladas are. Slight flavor of lime and the chilie burn gets a little stronger.

Mouthfeel is carbonated tomato soup.

Overall not bad. A basically inoffensive beverage. Think beer bloody mary and you will find this acceptable.

3.43/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This is only my second Michelade and I've never had a homemade one so....this was much better then the Modelo Chelada I had which was mostly tomato juice and I liked the salt kick this offered.

3.36/5  rDev +1.5%

The creator of The CANQuest (tm) was in Chicago for the umpteenth time at the end of SY 2014-'15 and people scoffed at me since the plan was to return for today's GTMW, but I struck while the iron was hot. It was a good thing that I did as work precluded me from going again this year. It also enabled me to purchase this gem while I was out there.

From the CAN: "La Autentica con Character"; "Made with tomato juice"; "A refreshing and authentic blend of Tecate beer with tomato juice and the flavors of salt, spice and lime."

Let us CANsider this as my version of a Sunday late-morning Bloody Mary. 24-fl. ounces and 3.5% ABV make for an interesting CANbination. The tab fought me on the Crack!, making it sound really loud when it finally gave. It was too large a CAN to be able to CANduct an inverted Glug, so I just let fly. Jesus, but this was ugly! It fizzed up with three fingers of the grossest-looking head that I have seen in a while. It looked downright gory. The liquid in the glass wasn't any prettier, either. It was a cloudy brick-red (SRM = N/A) that looked like I was readying for a blood transfusion. The smell was very much of tomato juice and much nicer than the Bud Lite Cheladas that I suffered through. The mouthfeel was thin and watery. The taste was quite pleasant with a strong tomato flavor throughout, but I kept wishing that I had some black pepper to sprinkle on it to cut a salty note running through it. Finish was dry and satisfying, making it a real gem on a hot summer's day.

Tecate Michelada Diablo has a very fizzy audible quality, but no head and no lacing. The appearance is of tomato juice with racing bubbles. Aroma is of tomato juice with possibly some lager in the background. Flavor is exactly that, too, with mild spice and noticeable salt. Mouthfeel is light to medium, and Tecate Michelada Diablo finishes mostly dry. This is not a drink with surprises. If you’ve tasted tomato juice, you’ve tasted this, essentially. I think it was well executed, for what it is.

2.42/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Sampled last night on 7/8/15. Comes in a 24-ounce can for $2.49 from the local Hy-Vee yesterday. Can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a "CORONA" pint glass.

This "Tomato Beer with Natural Flavors" style brew pours a reddish-pink in color. No head and no lacing to meant at all. Aroma is of tomato juice and hot pepper for the most part. Pretty much is said for the taste that ends with a tangy finish. Slightly metallic taste also. Watered-down with more 'heat' than the Bud/Bud Light Chelada's. Overall, not a big fan of this one though I will say that I like the Bud's version much better. Lighter-bodied with heavy carbonation.

4.05/5  rDev +22.4%

I"m surprised how nearly opaque this is. Attractive carrot orange color. Highly carbonated on the tongue with a thick mouthfeel that seems like actual tomato substance. Distinct tomato aroma.

They managed to get the tomato flavor right, with just a little sweetness. Overall it's sharpish after the sweet tomato and then a nice chile heat. The beery flavor seems to rise out of the vegetable soup. What a pleasant surprise— this stuff is eminently drinkable, if you're in the mood for the oddball flavor. But for a low-alcohol flavorful gulp, I think this deserves some respect.

While this doesn't start out with too much of a burn, the heat does grow after some sipping. I'd say it's plenty hot to still be drinkable. It really just tastes like green chiles and tomato, without any silliness. From the 24 oz can purchased at Pioneer Market in La Conner, Washington.

4.18/5  rDev +26.3%

This BLOWSSSSSS Medelo's out of the water..less tomato taste..a little spicyness(Lackin for me personally) but decent. would buy agai

3.59/5  rDev +8.5%

Color throws you off almost orange tastes good nice change of pace

Omg this has to be by far the most disgusting beer I have ever had in my time, da feel is chunckie thick, taste just like sumone blended chilis on a beer and didnt blend it right....if I could I would rate this 0 !!!!! And I like spicy food and such bby t this should honestly get taken out the shelves.

3.19/5  rDev -3.6%

If you like a spicy red beer you will love this.

3.95/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Easily the best pre-made, canned michelada I have ever had. The body is much fuller with tomato juice than the others I have tried. The spice level is nice, but not quite "diablo". The is a bit of Worcestershire sauce flavor in the finish with a hint of smoke.

Tecate Michelada Diablo from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.