Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...

Dos Equis Amber Lager | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Dos Equis Amber LagerDos Equis Amber Lager
3.12/5
Okay
Dos Equis Amber LagerDos Equis Amber Lager

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
cuamoc.com

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-24-2001

Ratings: 2,938 |  Reviews: 761
3.14/5  rDev +0.6%

3.25/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.87/5  rDev +24%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.02/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.96/5  rDev -5.1%

3.33/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.34/5  rDev -25%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

4.29/5  rDev +37.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

This is the only lager I will drink. It's very smooth and it has a bit of an iron taste but I think it's very good. I do enjoy drinking this when I feel a bit cheap to buy my IPAs.

3.34/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

4.51/5  rDev +44.6%

Picked up a 6er. A lime wedge is necessary. With this comes an above-average drinkability but good God I want nothing more than to snag 6 more

3.53/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Little heavier feel than Dos Equis lager. But it's pretty good. Try some and see.

4.07/5  rDev +30.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Hands down my favorite beer. Perfect balance of taste, drinkability and it goes great with steaks, white meat, and even snacks at the bar.

My cookout beer of choice. Ever since my brewmistress wife expanded my beer horizons to include more than Coors and Busch, I have stayed away for the most part from those kinds of beers (except maybe Hamms and Strohs). If I am drinking beer, I want something that tastes like a beer. If I am not drinking beer to drinl beer, I don't want a beer that distracts me from what I am doing.

This is my beer to drink when I want to drink beer but I am not drinking beer to drink beer. Clear?

L: A pretty beer in a glass. Dancing bubbles, nice color, a bit more gold than proper amber, but still nice.

S: Smells like a beer. Doesn't have any specifically crafty aromas to it, just bready-malty and a very light bit of hops - pine/gin.

T: Malty enough, a bit of pine/gin hoppiness, not astringent, moderately thirst quenching and satisfying. A good start to a beer night, or a good beer for day drinking.

F: Medium, it is not a flavored seltzer. Has some body, but still reasonably carbonated.

O: A good average beer, a go to when I don't want to impress myself or others, just want a beer to drink.

3.22/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.52/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Considering the cost and availability, this is my go-to everyday favorite. It's always in my fridge. I'm a big fan of Vienna Style beers. With a lime wedge this pairs with most of my meals well. Not too heavy and not too light.

3.02/5  rDev -3.2%

3.63/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.74/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.48/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev +12.2%

Pours an amber color with a thin head with decent retention. Smell is malty with a little pine hops. Taste follows, mostly malt with some mild pine flavor and bite. Medium body. Okay beer, certainly drinkable.

2.94/5  rDev -5.8%

3.2/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

What a letdown. Had this one just a few days after my first Negra Modelo in years, and I was quite looking forward to enjoying another Vienna lager. Nope. None of the rolling flavors or aroma of Modelo; this one hasnto settle for just meh. It looks inviting, and has a bit of caramel/bready aroma happening but the flavor is so muted as to make it boring. Meeeehhhhhhh.

Dos Equis Amber Lager from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 3.12 out of 5 with 2,938 ratings