Dos Equis Special Lager | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

Dos Equis Special LagerDos Equis Special Lager
2.74/5
Poor
Dos Equis Special LagerDos Equis Special Lager

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
cuamoc.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by Todd on 11-02-2001

View: Beers
Ratings: 2,770 |  Reviews: 621

1.29/5  rDev -52.9%

"Gringo!" he barked. "Go take your fancy princess beer and shove it up your burro!" His shrieks echoed in the dry heat, the heat was instigating him, rivers of sweat ran down his leathery face like veins. He was a man at the constant point of no return, one of us was going to burn. As he started walking towards me I found that I could not move, the smell of his sweat arrived a few yards before he did and I found myself paralyzed by this animal of a man, now just inches away. A primal beast that didn't care about anything but proving his dominance over others.

I felt the fear swelling up in my stomach, finding myself more and more hopeless with each stilted breath I took in. I decided then and there, to my own surprise that I wasn't going to cower down in fear, I clenched every muscle in my body, looked him in the eye and almost shouted "Listen buddy I am drinking a La Fin Du Monde, its ABV is 10% alright, that's more than most bee..." He cut me off with furious throaty laughter, his head reeled back as he let out howls of insanity. "HAHAHA you fool..." he quickly slapped my glass to the floor, shattering it, all the time his eyes locked on mine, his smile now turning to an sinister grimace.

I stood there and felt myself getting sick, like the air I was breathing was toxic, I knew I had to get out of there, I felt my life was now in serious danger. So I did something wild, I punched him straight in the jaw as hard as I could and ran out of the bar at cheetah pace. My sprint was cut short when two grizzly looking men stopped me at the exit, they caught me and held me by the arms, slowly dragging me back to the bar. As my legs slid across the dirty floor I found myself screaming for help, but my yells fell on deaf ears as all the patrons seemed to have left when this group had walked in - I should have noticed I thought, should have known.

I was a child at that point, so scared and helpless I felt like I was going to throw up. As they lifted me up back onto the bar stool, the apparent leader of the group, the one I had just so recently signed my death wish with only grinned at me, his gnarled yellow teeth clenched like a madmans. "Now chico, we are going to have fun. You are going to drink a mans beer, so pick up your pencil and notepad and write about...this shit." His friends laughed softly, knowingly, like I was about to experience a fiendish torture only left up to the imagination, I imagined it would be some sort of drug or poison, some kind of shady toxin that would have me curled up into a pool of blood before my ultimate demise. He marched to the bar, grabbed a bottle off the shelf and walked back towards me, I was seeing double at this point, half dazed at the thought of my life ending so oddly.

He set the bottle on the table and pulled the cap off with his bare wrists, when he did, he and his cronies flinched back a little, as if they feared even a drop of it would be spilled anywhere near them. Their eyes all locked on to the bottle with a sort of fearful concentration, as if it were a python waiting to pounce. As I shook the dizziness from my head I managed to focus in on the label. "Dos Equis". It must have been a joke I thought, I looked back at them but they didn't laugh, in fact I was absolutely sure that what I saw in their eyes was fear, a real instinctual fear that even these monsters were terrified by. "Now" he said slowly "Pick up the bottle, and drink it. Write down your review for us." I wasn't sure but I thought one of them made the sign of the cross as I poured the bottle into a glass.

Light yellow, head is fizzy and light and dissipates in seconds. As I stare into the yellowness I hear voices in my head, like shrieks of pain from ghosts telling me to turn back, turn back..

The smell makes me nauseous, it is an overly sweet skunky raunchy stench that overpowers all the hot sweat in the room and fills it with the scent of death, the bar now smells like an ancient crypt for skunks.

I lift the beer to my mouth and begin drinking, tears quickly form in my eyes. What is this? Why does this taste the way it does? Where is the goodness in life? The piss flavored grime contaminates my stomach with its cruel flavors. The liquid evil that I drink not only rapes my throat but my innocence, my faith in the world. This carbonated death was meant only to destroy, to defeat ones soul entirely.

The mouthfeel is light, strong carbonation.

I find myself alone. No where is there a trace of my captors or anyone else. I am a null in the void. Completely alone in the universe. There is no light in the darkness.....

2.25/5  rDev -17.9%

2.71/5  rDev -1.1%

Served in a pint glass.

Appearance: Transparent gold, light bubbles that make it look like nothing is really there. White head maybe 1/3", looks foamy but settles evenly.

Smell: Has a sour scent, feels a little like rye but dissipates very quickly.

Taste: Lightly bitter, not really hoppy more like a rice feel that is really light. It makes you think, am I drinking a "light" beer?

Mouth: Medium carbonation, but has a sour after feel. It's not like a lemon it's more bready than anything.

Overall: Not a bad brew but not definitely a good one either. I am pretty sure during the right climate it is incredibly appreciated. Salud!

2.61/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

12 ounce bottle. Served in a Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass, the beer pours a clear gold color with about an inch white head. Head retention and lacing are both OK. The brew smells like sweet malt, corn, and some light citrus. It tastes like sweet malt and corn. Not much to this brew at all. Mouthfeel/body is light, and it's smooth and easy to drink. It's really not bad, but it's not exactly good either. I have no problem drinking this occasionally, but I wouldn't make a point to buy it. Got a bottle from one of my buddies for free so I figured I might as well tick it.

4.25/5  rDev +55.1%

3.5/5  rDev +27.7%

Dos Equis Special Lager from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 2.74 out of 5 with 2,770 ratings