Indio | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

IndioIndio

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
cuamoc.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 11-12-2002

My personal favourite. Good taste, good aroma, available most anywhere in Mexico, not too light
or too strong, I wish we could get it on the US side of the border, but it's ok, I enjoy going to
Mexico to see family and friends, so it's always
an excuse to bring back a case or two. Hope y'all
have a chance to try it as well when down there!

INDIO AVAIL FORT WORTH GOODY GOODY LIQ

4.53/5  rDev +40.2%

i too was in monterey on buisiness and never saw this beer before. So i had to try it .. This would be the second best taste to bohemia. Same brewery but a little darker and more caramel taste to it. Less foam but such a good punch packed in this bottle. Well worth the trial if you happen to find this beer somewhere. ive never seen it in the states though !!

4.47/5  rDev +38.4%

NIce beer, the colour is ok. Some of the elder drinkers here accepted it gladly. It has a soil flavor, but just a little. Perhaps is the best product of this brewery after Bohemia and NOche buena. But the foam is just a little, the colour is dark, and if you dirnk more than 3 you can get tired.

4.25/5  rDev +31.6%

This beer is exactly what it wants to be(actually, I have no idea if it is, but it is exactly what i want it to be). It is nice and refreshing while still holding a good amount of flavor. Best Mexican beer I've had. Love this beer.

4.12/5  rDev +27.6%

A - Amber-orange with a nice big two finger head of white foam. A decent amount of lace is left on my plastic beach glass, but I have a feeling that more would be there if it were in a glass-glass. The beer is hazy, and although I had no idea that this was an O-fest style beer, now that I know, this fits the style visually.

S - Sweet carrot cake and cinnamon. Mild autumn leaf hops and thick caramel malts. Smells great out here on the beach (God bless free Wi-Fi and Mexican resorts!)

T - Basically similar to the nose...carrot cake dusted with cinnamon.

M - A bit lighter than many O-Fests, but somehow that's very appropriate for the climate down here in Puerto Vallarta.

D - Perfect. I'm glad I found something down here besides Dos Equis and Tecate....although I'm sure I'll manage to ingest plenty of those below average brews too. This is the true gem of my all inclusive resort!

4.08/5  rDev +26.3%

This beer really lives up to my expectations - the best lager around! I drank Indio quite a bit when I was working in Monterrey, Mexico. I'm living in the Chicago area now & have just started to see it sold at the Jewel chain stores. This is the 3rd 12-pack I've bought in the past month (current price: $11.99). All my friends & relatives enjoy drinking it. It goes down well alone & with all kinds of food. Na zdrowie & salud to Indio!

4.07/5  rDev +26%

A beer from my country originally called "cerveza cuauhtemoc" and his logo includes an aztec indian "cuauhtemoc" in 3/4 view, people went recognizing it with the alias of INDIO, then the brewery choose to put the name of indio to this beer; sold commonly in my city, this beer is drink in the most of weddings, familiar celebrations, its dark amber color and its hops and bitterness smell and flavor, make this beer one of the most prefered beers on my country; good for mexican food; 100% recommended.

Cerveza Indio acquired from Tijuana BC
Poured from bottle into a standard British pint-glass.

Appearance: Color is amber the head is soapy and light in color.

Aroma: Not much of an aroma, smells typical of its style. There is some burnt malts in this one

Mouthfeel: Thin to medium bodied well carbonated.

Taste: Grany corn and malt-like taste. This beer tastes great for its price.

Overall: This, needless to say, is no craft beer so it is nothing to rave about. Nevertheless, this is perhaps the perfect Mexican session beer. It is a good summer beer quite refreshing and inexpensive if you can get it. It is available throughout different regions of Mexico, I am not sure if it has made the states yet though.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Indio from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.