Tecate | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

poor
poor
Read the review
TecateTecate

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico
cuamoc.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by stirgy on 05-20-2001

Ratings: 2,027 |  Reviews: 582

The 5 star rating may be confusing, but compared to other Mexican beers, this deserves 5 stars. If your like me, you like bolder beers. Tecate, bold? I know your thinking, what the hell is wrong with this guy??? But as I mentioned before, I am comparing this to other Mexican beers (Corona, Sol, Modelo, Dos Equis) this is definitely on the bolder side. I can actually taste a little bit of hop. It's watery compared to beers I REALLY enjoy(Dales Pale Ale, Laggunitas Brown Shugga, Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA) but those beers are in a COMPLETELY different category. I love good beer, but I am no beer snob. Most weeks I can't afford the good stuff. So I drink a lot of lower end beer. And as awful as it sounds, I don't think its that bad. I actually enjoy the taste of an AAL. So yes, it gets 5 stars from me, because compared to other Mexican beers this actually tastes like beer.
Look-golden amber, looks good for what it is
Smell-Like a corn adjuncted aal
Taste-typical aal with some citrusy hop, and some sweet grainy malts
Feel-bubbly, smooth, grainy dry finish
Overall-my favorite Mexican cerveza yet!

Haha I'm a bit of a beer snob but tecate....tecate and I go way back. This beer is the best cheap beer in the market. Tied up with PBR. Best party beer when you don't wanna break out the good stuff ;) rub a little lime, salt, and cayenne on the rim of the can and have a good time. Best when chasing tequilas.

My first beer when I was 15 in Mexico I will give it a 5 because in Mexico its a whole different beer than what they sell in the states

4.85/5  rDev +85.8%

Nice n crispy refreshing beer.

4.75/5  rDev +82%

4.7/5  rDev +80.1%

i go down to mexico every december and this is the most popular beer in the town, trevino. which is located right outside of monterrey where it's brewed so it's always fresh. This beer is amazing, it is way better when bought in mexico than it is in america. even the ones in texas don't taste the same. never buy in a bottle you will be disappointed. canned is the way to go. at five dollars a 6pack you cant beat it. by far my favorite beer and mexico's finest. i wanna brush my teeth with it

4.58/5  rDev +75.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.58/5  rDev +75.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I only drink beers with a dash of bloody mary mix, in this case it was delicious! I haven't enjoyed it at home yet, I tend to go for the cheaper beers to mix at home. Pints & Quarts in Lacey, Wa is where the bartender recommended tecate for red beer.

4.5/5  rDev +72.4%

Great session beer. Great refreshing taste

4.5/5  rDev +72.4%

Tecate. The Black Bird. Mexican!
I like this beer a lot. It's great to drink straight outta the can/bottle or adding some lime and/or salt to the rim. I love it with tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, chalupas, rice, nachos, beans, re-fried beans, tortillas and salsa, and so much more. It is a perfect beach beer. Cold from the cracked styrofoam cooler as you lounge with some hot babes and the suns in your eyes. Drink some Tecate and then go boogie boarding. You'll love it.

4.44/5  rDev +70.1%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The beer is very light with a slight sweet taste of corn, but the bitterness of a lime easily balances this beer out to give it the distinct flavor of a Mexican lager. I consider it a daytime, summer beer. The head is thin, with large bubbles that dissipate quickly. The hue is more of a transparent pale yellow, than light gold with adequate carbonation. However, the taste, smell and feel redeem this beer and put it on par with or better than the much more heavily marketed and thus popular and slightly heavier Corona. I was originally introduced to this beer in a small town outside of Nuevo-Laredo, Mexico many years ago from a distinctly Mexican run-down but quaint "hole in the wall" that only sold Tecate and therefore I have a special fondness for this beer. No matter where I am in the world, if I go to a Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurant for lunch or early dinner, Tecate is my first choice of beer, if the establishment is authentic enough to carry it, as it brings the ambiance of a quaint Northern Mexican village to my dining experience. As such, It automatically makes the food and experience seem much more authentic. This beer goes great with Tex-Mex or popular traditional Mexican dishes and the sweet finish brings out the flavor in traditional Mexican dishes.

4.41/5  rDev +69%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.4/5  rDev +68.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm surprised at the number of low ratings for this beer. IMHO, this is probably the best beer of any large scale brewery. Certainly the best of the Mexican beers, which are generally underrated as a whole (though I don't care for Corona; nor do the Mexicans). I spend about half my time in Mexico, so I will assert that I've thoroughly researched the latter opinion. :-) Good all around beer; excellent price/perforance value.

4.3/5  rDev +64.8%

4.28/5  rDev +64%

Tecate from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.