Tecate | Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.

TecateTecate
2.53/5
Poor
TecateTecate

Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Mexico

1.75/5  rDev -30.8%

1.75/5  rDev -30.8%

3.5/5  rDev +38.3%

2.03/5  rDev -19.8%

12oz can in an imperial pint glass.

A- Well, it made an appearance, as least. It poured little head, no lacing, minimal carbonation, and flattened rapidly. The color was a bit darker than the garden variety AAL, that's about it.

S- Horribly medicinal, like when I was a kid before artificial flavoring was added to liquid meds.
There's some hint of that gassy smell from boiled veggies also.

T- Medicinal again, and metallic. The nearest taste that I detected that I could associate with beer would be notes of wet grain.

M- Uncomfortable.

O- There's no upside to this brew, and adding lime would be wasteful. I try to be open minded to this style (I like Corona and Landshark, for example); Tecate, however, is quite poor to me.

2.29/5  rDev -9.5%

Poured into a becker glass

A: A golden straw color with little carbonation. It keeps a decent lacing around the glass.

S: Alright, I don't normally give a 1 in this category but holy hell does this reek. I don't know if it's because the beer wasn't fresh or if this is just how the beer smells but god does it stink. It has a corny smell and a cooked veggies smell. When I swirled it around and sniffed it smelled like when you leave baked broccoli covered and then after several hours you remove the cover. it's almost as if the beer was passing gas in my face or something.

T: The taste is thankfully not as horrible as the smell. It is overall sweet with a sweet corn flavor that sticks around long after you finish drinking. It tastes like if you just baked some corn and then took a bite. I also detected a tiny bit of malt but it was very faint. No hops were detected.

MF: Watery and even a little creamy. Leaves the mouth lubricated and goes down smooth.

O: I'm not sure how I feel about this one. The smell is horrible but the taste isn't as bad. Still, the flavor is full of adjunct and there is no detectable quality ingredients. I would only have this if it was this or Budweiser or Bud Light.

1.25/5  rDev -50.6%

2.5/5  rDev -1.2%

Tecate from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
Beer rating: 2.53 out of 5 with 2,059 ratings