Foster's Lager | Foster's Group Limited

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by kbub6f on 07-10-2001

2.6

Ratings: 2,026 |  Reviews: 641

despite what the world thinks, we Aussies don't drink this crap, once again i think it must be brewed by someone else in North America, coz the Aussie version tastes like chemicals.

440 ml can poured into a Hobgoblin branded pint pot. Was given a 'Fridge' 10 pack of this by a neighbour for 'sorting out' his internet connection for him. I DO NOT drink this shite as a rule but seeing as it was a free gift thought I would give it a review for what it is worth, so here we go.

A. Looks like piss with a 3 finger thick white bubbly head on it. Looking through the beer, the bubbles look like some kind of scum sat on top of the beer. Holding it up to the sunlight, it is not as clear as it appears, losts of haze and other 'bits' floating about. Yikes it is piss!!

S. Smells exactly like tap water. I think I got the faintest hint of malt, there again I could be wrong.

T. Taste is like the smell - coloured tap water.

M. Thin and watery.

D. Only one other beer I have ever had is worse than this hogwash - San Miguel. One to avoid like the plague.

This beer is soo bad. I never would have guessed beer could be this bad. Absolute skinny/nasty beer. Nothing good to say about it. They need to spend less money on advertising and more on r&d to make better beer.

I bought the 25 oz can for $2.50, thinking it'd likely be a good value. But boy, was I wrong. This is supposed to be beer, not water. Pure swill. The ABV is supposedly 5%, but seems more like 2-3%. There is barely any taste to speak of and what I was able to taste was a bit of malt. I took a few sips and poured the rest down the toilet. Perhaps I've been spoiled, since my introduction to beer was Sierra Nevada Torpedo, but this is the first brew I've never been able to finish.

Woeful lager, about the only one i've had that tastes of pretty much nothing. Also I think they must put some unpleasant chemicals in this, can lead to nasty side effects. So best to be careful drinking this. Then again it is lager so you could go on a bender and have 10 pints!

First had: ?

I know those crazy Aussies like to bad-mouth American beer. But, hello?

Poured clear straw color, with a fizzy head that fizzles out pretty quickly. Light aroma of malts and stale hops. More of the same to the tongue with an acidic bitterness that leaves a rotten aftertaste. Thin, soda-like body. Crikey...not very drinkable at all, mate. (Sorry for that.) Please avoid this beer.

Foster's Lager from Foster's Group Limited