Big Wave Golden Ale | Kona Brewing Co.

good
good
Read the review
Big Wave Golden AleBig Wave Golden Ale

Kona Brewing Co.
Hawaii, United States
konabrewingco.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Big Wave is light golden ale with a subtle fruitiness and delicate hop aroma. A smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The lightly roasted honey malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and also gives a slight sweetness that is balanced out by our special blend of hops.

Added by Sixpoint on 03-19-2005

Ratings: 1,838 |  Reviews: 310

I enjoyed this beer on a recent trip to Honolulu Hawaii... Had it at a company event with an open bar.. Very very tasty. I chose this because it being an open bar selections were limited. Normally I drink regular American Budweiser as my staple beer. But as the Bud Light version was only available I figured "when in Rome"...
I have never seen this beer or any of the Kona Brewery offerings here in Texas so I was interested in what I had in store for me.

This beer is AWESOME.... It is supremely Island fare.. Lightly bodied, very flavourful, easy to drink. It is very "typical golden". Fruity malty notes all over it.. So refreshing when ice cold. And it gets more pronounced as it warms..
Overall this beer is a top selection for any occasion. I'm not sure if its available in Houston because I have yet to see it anywhere.
I can guarantee you that if I find this locally I will be enjoying it on a regular basis.. Might have to put on flip flops though, just so it feels right.

Great beer good taste lovely smell and overall a very crisp enjoyable refreshing taste!!

Light, grapefruity without overwhelming the palate. Little to no head, light carbonation. Great session beer. Buy it whenever I see it :)

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Easily one of my favorites. Sweet but slightly hoppy and just tasty. Goes down easy and is very refreshing. Has a slight botanical taste that is fitting to Hawaii and what the beer is trying to represent. What I dislike is that it's distributed by AB and yet costs around $15 for a 12 pack.

How this could he anything less then a 5 blows my mind. Light, crisp, refreshing, and that hint of island that makes you feel like your in hawaii. Very unique.

4.95/5  rDev +39.4%

This beer is my favorite beer

Big Wave Golden Ale from Kona Brewing Co.