Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Longboard Island Lager | Kona Brewing Co.

Longboard Island LagerLongboard Island Lager
3.37/5
Okay
Longboard Island LagerLongboard Island Lager

Kona Brewing Co.
Hawaii, United States
konabrewingco.com

Style: American Pale Lager

Longboard Island Lager is a smooth refreshing lager fermented and aged for five weeks at cold temperatures to yield its exceptionally smooth flavor. A delicate, slightly spicy hop aroma complements the malty body of this beer.

Added by Bierman9 on 08-07-2002

Ratings: 2,784 |  Reviews: 713

It was my go to beer while I live in Waikoloa Hawaii. Costco had best price otherwise Waikoloa Market on certain days went on sale.

I have been drinking this beer for several years since my daughter lived in Hawaii for nine years. It has a pleasant after taste that a lighter beer might have. It is refreshing and great for any occasion. Awesome beer.

Drink it with a lime! I drank this beer for a while and kept it stocked in my cooler along with Spotted Cow. One day I asked my wife to pick up some limes for me and when she got home she brought me a Longboard with a lime in it. I wanted the lime for my Gin and Tonic but wow did this improve the beer! Several friends have now tried it and they said it has replaced their Corona and Lime beer they would drink now and then.

4.88/5  rDev +44.8%

On my last trip to Hawaii I discovered Kona Longboard and absolutely fell in love with it! I cannot find it here in Canada, but I signed up an account on Beer Advocate just so that I could find a beer similar to it. It tastes great and is the perfect accompaniment for a sunny day. Hoping to find something I love as much back home.

4.82/5  rDev +43%

Great smooth taste! My go-to beer.

4.8/5  rDev +42.4%

4.76/5  rDev +41.2%

12oz bottle into Sam Adams Perfect Pint

A: Gorgeous dark straw, bright white head

S: Yeast, malt and a hint of hop

T: WHOA! This is in the same category as Bud LIght? Absolutely no comparison. So much flavor and richness out of a lager. The best lager I've had, by a long shot. A bit of yeast, a bit of pale malt, super crisp with a nice hint of floral sweet. I could drink this for breakfast.

M: Nice, crisp carb, with a smooth finish

O: I'm so glad this made it to Missouri. Definitely a go-to poolside beer.

4.76/5  rDev +41.2%

Excellent session. At only 4.6% this makes a wonderful session. I could drink this all day at the beach or at a bonfire. Nice and slow the mouthfeel is awesome (for an amateur) and is smooth as glass.

Appearance is a 3 only because I'm sipping straight from the bottle.

4.75/5  rDev +40.9%

Longboard Island Lager from Kona Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.37 out of 5 with 2,784 ratings