Koko Brown | Kona Brewing Co.

good
Read the review
Koko BrownKoko Brown

Kona Brewing Co.
Hawaii, United States
konabrewingco.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Koko Brown's distinctive, nutty aroma and flavor comes from real, toasted coconut blended into each brew. One sip of this smooth, mahogany colored ale and you'll feel like you're on a warm, sun drenched beach in Hawaii. Crack one open!

Added by julian on 02-19-2011

Ratings: 1,462 |  Reviews: 340

1.25/5  rDev -65.5%

1.5/5  rDev -58.6%

1.85/5  rDev -48.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

1.93/5  rDev -46.7%

I read the name koko brown and stupidly didn't think of coconut and bought one when i hate coconut so naturally I didn't like this beer. If you do like coconut then i'm sure you'd enjoy this beer.

2.18/5  rDev -39.8%

2.25/5  rDev -37.8%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. Nice creamy head to be sure. Minimal carbonation.

S. The aroma was more then what I expected. I was expecting a little bit of coconut, but as soon as cracked it open, I got an exquisite smell of coconuts before it even hit my glass.

T. I truly enjoy coconut, but not like this. I was hoping there would be a balance of other distinct flavors, but couldnt find any here. It was like tasting a very bitter mounds bar, thats not for me.

M. The mouthfeel was medium to average, nothing to write letters home about.

O. After I tasted this for the 1st time, I must say that it wasnt horrible, but certainly nothing I would ever purchase again. Not at all a good session brew by any means. Im placing the other five beers on the bottom shelf of my fridge, incase Im out of beer, and thats all there is. The only other option is to pour them down the sink and feed the fish.

2.25/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.25/5  rDev -37.8%

Koko Brown from Kona Brewing Co.