Schlafly Hop Trial: Triskel | The Schlafly Tap Room

Added by ThePorterSorter on 06-29-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4
Reviews by Franziskaner:
3.54/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Never heard of this one so I thought I would give it a whirl. Light straw colored. Just a light bit of white head. I'm getting some floral hops in the aroma. Very light and crisp on the palate. Floral hops are a bit vegetal to me, but that's what I get gently in the aftertaste. This is a decent beer but I was expecting an IPA when I heard the name.

3.75/5  rDev +5%

3.7/5  rDev +3.6%

3.53/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Apparently a 9.5%AA one-off from Schlafly

The beer pours a clear, straw yellow with a thin white head that fades quickly without lacing (it looks more like a pilsner than A-IPA). The nose has a subtle floral hoppiness, which is not very distinct; the hops have to fight too hard to make their presence known. Aside from the hops there is a mild grainy sweetness in the nose. So far... me no likey. The taste has me regretting my purchase even more with weak grain upfront further watered down by the obscure hipster hops they used in this one-off. The mouthfeel is thin, effervescent, grainy and sweet upfront followed by an attenuated, slightly hoppy/bitter finish. It's safe to say this is a one-off...that I'll only try once.

Schlafly Hop Trial: Triskel from The Schlafly Tap Room