Ottakringer Spezial | Ottakringer Brauerei AG

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Added by Hoppsbabo on 01-14-2014

Reviews by Hoppsbabo:
4.05/5  rDev 0%

I don't know what type of lager this is but Munich Helles seems to fit the description.

A: Soft white head with a yellow straw-coloured body which is perfectly clear.

S: Creamy vanilla, grainy but not metallic, has a snappy sherbet quality.

T: Lovely mellow grain coupled with a delicate tartness and a soft fruit salad aftertaste. It's ever so slightly sweet. The grain profile reminds me a lot of wheatgerm. It's so mellow that I could chug it down and yet so flavourful that I could sip it slowly. As it warms I get a hint of spicy liquorice and a bit of an alcoholic kick.

M: A soft effervescence coupled with a creaminess that really frames the mellow flavours.

O: Good enough to sip and savour but drinkable enough to chug away at in a pub. One for the lager boys and connoisseurs alike.

Ottakringer Spezial from Ottakringer Brauerei AG