Daylight Rye | Walnut Brewery

Added by mrasskicktastic on 06-17-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by mrasskicktastic:
3.62/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear copper color, very little head, only faint lacing - excitation does little to the head.

S - Aroma is not very pronounced. Slight aroma of pear skin, clean yeast, black raspberry carpels (the spongy thing underneath them when they grow) and a light hay.

T - Very mild - predominantly vaguely fruity - more black raspberry carpel, some mild citrus pith and nut brown malt. The rye spiciness is so faint that if I hadn't known this was a rye, I never would have guessed (I'm not even sure if it was there, or if I thought it was because I was searching for it). Aftertaste is slightly bitter, mostly of nut brown malt, a few earthy notes and a faint citrus pith.

M - Smooth, thin to medium bodied, pretty refreshing.

D - I'd say it isn't true to rye style, but I think "rye style" means it contains some rye - still the rye is not a dominate facet of the beer. Refreshing and enjoyable. If near boulder, I recommend trying it while it lasts.

Daylight Rye from Walnut Brewery