Raspberry Tart | New Glarus Brewing Company

New Glarus Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
newglarusbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Treat yourself to a rare delight. The voluminous raspberry bouquet will greet you long before your lips touch your glass. Serve this Wisconsin framboise very cold in a champagne flute. Then hold your glass to a light and enjoy the jewel-like sparkle of a very special ale.
Oregon proudly shares their harvest of mouth watering berries, which we ferment spontaneously in large oak vats. Then we employ Wisconsin farmed wheat and year old Hallertau hops to round out this extravaganza of flavor.

Added by xlperro on 04-21-2002

Ratings: 3,819 |  Reviews: 941

3.75/5  rDev -13.6%

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%

4.71/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I had heard about this beer from a buddy of mine that offered to pick me up some while on a trip to WI. he picked up the strawberry rhubarb and the raspberry tart. The strawberry rhubarb was good, but I couldn't wait to try the RT. It lived up to my expectations!

A- It was poured into a RR "tion" goblet and was almost like a beet red. Was marionish in color and had never really seen that color in a beer before.

S- Had. Fruity warm smell to it! It actually reminded me of the raspberry gushers that I used to have in my lunch at school. Fruit smell from start to finish and no boozy hints at all. This could be a very dangerous beer to drink.

T- Had a very genuine raspberry taste to it. Almost tasted like a carbonated raspberry juice.

M- This beer has a nice viscous feel to it with just the right amout of carbonation. This is a nice beer to sip on!

O- This beer was very tasty and I must say that I will be buying. Few of these to ring home next time I go to WI. Would recommend this beer to anyone!

Cheers!