Dancing Man Wheat | New Glarus Brewing Company

Style: Hefeweizen

Availability: Spring

Added by Atron67 on 07-07-2007

Ratings: 1,393 |  Reviews: 476

appearance: Pours a transparent golden yellow color with a beautiful two finger rocky head that leaves no lacing. This is a very nice looking Hefeweizen with probably one of the coolest looking head's I've ever seen.

smell: Amazing! A great mixture of banana, wheat, yeast, and some clove. Hefeweizens usually are very subtle smelling, and this one is no exception. However, Dancing Man is slightly more pronounced than others of the style and is the best smelling Hefe that I've ever had the privilege to smell.

taste: Bananas, wheat, yeast, clove, and a kiss of some baking spices (could be nutmeg or cinnamon). This beer tastes amazing. All of the elements work so well together. Hands down the best Hefeweizen I've ever had.

mouth: Very light bodied with some slight carbonation. Very very smooth. Goes down very easily. I could drink this all day (or at least try...)

overall: Wow. I don't want to over-hype this beer, but for a person who has been severely unimpressed with many Hefeweizens in the past this beer changed my mind. It looks, smells and tastes amazing. I just wish I had more of it.

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Poured a big, thick head on a cloudy amber body. Perfect. Smell of cloves, banana and spice, all of which came through very well in the taste. Add in just the right amount of fruitness. Perfect and perfect. I typically like a lemon in my wheats, but this was so good it didn't need it. Carbonation and "thickness" were, what else, perfect. I'd been waiting months to get my hands on this, and the wait was worth it. Everything about this brew is perfection. Everything is absolutely spot on for the style, extraordinary how good this was. Not only the best american version of a hefeweizen, but this ranks right up among the world's best. Perfection.

EDIT- Been loving this for years (!) now, and still the best in the world. At the end of each summer, I load up (several cases) and enjoy throughout the winter, as it holds extremely well (aside from a rise in carbo and alc %). I typically enjoy my last bottle well into the following summer.

Dancing Man Wheat from New Glarus Brewing Company