Two Women Lager | New Glarus Brewing Company

New Glarus Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
newglarusbrewing.com

Style: German Pilsener

The collaboration of two Craft companies both led by women, New Glarus Brewing and Weyermann Malting, is unique. You hold the result “Two Women” a Classic Country Lager brewed with Weyermann’s floor malted Bohemian malt and Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops. A tempting and graceful classic lager found…Only in Wisconsin!

Added by levifunk on 04-11-2010

4.36/5  rDev +13.8%

4.08/5  rDev +6.5%

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

On our way through Rt. 90 across the great midwest, Wisconsin was a gem of a state. After countless hours of SD tourist trap desperation, our very first WI gas stop produced a store with a full aisle of New Glarus, cheese and meat sticks. After days of Wyoming evil eyes and South Dakota biker madness, Wisconsin was amazing. My first purchase was a mixed 12er of New Glarus that included Two Women Lager. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting a lot after a couple bottles of Spotted Cow, but I was pleasantly surprised. This one pours a little darker than your average pils, and has a very pleasant, soft malt flavor. The hops are understated, but I don't feel like this is a nouveau-american pils with a blast of spicy european hops. I like that, but I'm enjoying the mellowed feel of this beer. It may not be flashy, but this is a rock solid beer worthy of attention. I'd happily host a BBQ with a few of these.

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

4.04/5  rDev +5.5%

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

Classic German Pilsner. Not at all what I expected from reading the label and description. Overall nice aroma and mouth feel. Not much staying power of the hops at the finish. Did take me back to my travels in Germany. Will try again given the opportunity.

3.95/5  rDev +3.1%

A-golden color with a nice white head and good lacing

S-bready malt, earthy, little spice, light citrus

T-citrus, earthiness, bready malt, spices, light floral

F-light to medium body with moderate carbonation, crisp and slightly dry

O-pretty tasty pilsener, great summer beer and easy drinking

3.5/5  rDev -8.6%