Laughing Fox | New Glarus Brewing Company

Style: Kristalweizen

Availability: Fall

Added by Wisconsinality on 08-23-2011

3.12/5  rDev -20.2%

Pours a clear copper color with two fingers of thick white head.

Smells of big clove notes with some banana and cracked wheat.

Big clove with some wheat and slight drying, clean bitterness on the finish.

Mouth is light bodied with ample carbonation and a drying finish.

I really do understand why people like wheat beers, but they're just not my cup of tea especially the German style examples that feature the estery yeast notes.

3.03/5  rDev -22.5%

poured from a bottle into a pint glass...

pours a nice golden-amber - almost like an apple cider in color - with a generous, slow-fading white head that falls to show minimal lacing.

smells heavy of apple at the start which faded quickly to banana and bubble gum.

the taste is a surprise in that it is so subtle in everything...nothing is really coming through for me here, I'm at a loss...the only thing that I'm getting is bubble gum, which I don't care for.

the mouthfeel is solid - good carbonation and a lingering bit of tingle on the tongue.

overall I'm really not sure how to rate this - at first, from the appearance and smell, I had high-hopes, but the taste was so subtle and almost bland for me that I'm not really a fan at first tasting.

Shared by Thorpe429. Thanks Mike.

The beer is dark golden colored with a lasting white head. Too dark for the style. The aroma is similar to a dunkel weizen, with wheat and some dark fruit presence. A bit sweet and malty. I would prefer a lighter color and body, with less malt presence. Not what I look for in a beer of this style. Overall, this was just ok.

2.8/5  rDev -28.4%

A- amber color more of a dunkelweise color

S- little banana and a hint of cloves

T- Something was a little of tasted a little oxidized w/ a banana flavor on the back end

M- medium body

O- meh, I like New Glarus, but not a fan of this beer, bought a 6 pack hopefully, I can do some trading in my homebrew club for it.

2.75/5  rDev -29.7%