Deception | Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.

DeceptionDeception
4/5
Exceptional
DeceptionDeception

Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.
Illinois, United States
onionpub.com

Style: American Black Ale

Wild Onion & Chicago Beer Geeks Collaboration 2013 Limited Release

Added by xdtfx on 05-18-2013

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

4/5  rDev 0%

Reviewing after the fact. Initially had on draft at the Onion brew pub. Afterwards was able to find 22oz bombers at my local bottle shop that I still need to try. Aroma is citrusy hops with a roasted malt character. Taste follows the nose with citrusy hops, some pine, roasty dark malts, maybe a tad of chocolate in there. Overall I thought this was a pretty solid Black IPA. Tasty and easy to drink. I enjoy Wild Onion’s Hop Slayer from time to time. I enjoyed this one just as much if not more.

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%

Deception from Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4 out of 5 with 7 ratings