Batch 1092 | Bear Republic Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Bear Republic Brewing Co.
bearrepublic.com

Style: American Barleywine

Added by tprokop7 on 05-21-2008

4.77/5  rDev 0%

On the chalkboard as "Batch 1092 - Barrel Aged." The bartender was nice enough to mention that it was aged in Jim Beam barrel's, but I don't know much more.

Poured into a 10oz tulip. 2 finger head mellows to belgian lace. Smells sour, with little bourbon in the aroma, but tastes mildly sour and a bit hoppy (citrus, especially) with a very balanced bourbon flavor. This is one of the best bourbon barrel aged beers I've ever had (although one should consider that I'd take scotch over bourbon any day) and I am glad I had the chance to try it.

Batch 1092 from Bear Republic Brewing Co.