Heritage Ale | Bear Republic Brewing Co.

Bear Republic Brewing Co.
bearrepublic.com

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

True to the Norgrove's Scottish Heritage, this Wee Heavy is brewed with Scottish malts and lightly hopped with East Kent Goldings. Big and Malty sweet, this ale will have you hearing bagpipes.

Added by xlperro on 09-27-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 52 | Ratings: 111
4.1/5  rDev +8.5%

I enjoyed this one on tap at Bear Republic. This one poured a dark copper colour with mahogany accents. I nice tight head tops it off. I expect this one to be malty!

A very malty nose greets you with just the slightest hint of sweet ginger.

Nice thick flavours of fresh roasted toffee hit your tongue and leave a sweet peaty aftertaste in your throat. For a stronger ale (7.4%), this one is very drinkable without being overly sweet.

A great brew for a cool autumn evening. Like a good single malt scotch it will warm you right up before it puts you to sleep.

4.37/5  rDev +15.6%

I understand my rankings are bit spread out here, but here's why. I like my beer to have a head on it, this didn't have much of one though lacing was present. Color was a deep deep amber, and aroma was earthy and clean. Nice and malty with some unique hopping on the finish, can't put my finger on it but I liked it. This ale weighs in at a big 8% but it went down like a bitter. A session strong ale if I have ever had one. A winner.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Heritage Ale from Bear Republic Brewing Co.