Café Racer 15 | Bear Republic Brewing Co.

Café Racer 15Café Racer 15
Liked This Beer
4.23 w/ 1,241 ratings
Café Racer 15Café Racer 15

Bear Republic Brewing Co.
bearrepublic.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Café Racer 15™ features aromas of bright citrus and resinous pine from the generous use of Citra, Amarillo, Cascade and Chinook hops which are complimented by a dry malt finish. The result is a high revving Double IPA that is loud and assertive, much like the rebellious street racers who inspired it. Never ride alone...

Added by womencantsail on 02-12-2011

#921
Liked:
4.23/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,241 |  Reviews: 216

On tap at the brewpub in Healdsburg.

Appearance
A good couple of fingers head on top, slow to dissipate. Deep amber/orange color, very very inviting...

Smell
Absolutely wonderful. My relatively untrained nose smells something consistent with their other superior brews like the Racer 5, Red Rocket and even the beautiful stout. A citrusy sweetness hit my olfactory bulb first, with pine and overall juicy fruit. Extremely inviting.

Taste
Compared to Bell's Hopslam or some other hoppy beers up here in Michigan, I didn't get slapped in the face with the hops. That's a great thing for me, actually. I'm a hop-head but sometimes it's too much. Perfect balance for me; the hops fade away slowly to transition to citrus, juicyfruit, pine, with a nice, not-to-dry finish.

Mouthfeel
Smooth and creamy, but not too thick. Not overly dry at the finish.

Overall
My new favorite for my favorite style, American Double IPA. Pliny had the previous top spot, but I give extra points to Bear Republic because of the higher consistency of greatness in their offerings.

And let me just say that, as brewpubs go, you will not find a greater group of excellent servers. I say 'servers' because I really felt very well served and catered to the whole time, and it was an absolute blast meeting the other clientele and bartenders. Keep up the great work, guys!!

Crisp smooth very balanced

This is probably my second favorite beer I've ever tasted, Pliny The Younger being the first. I got it on tap in a sniffer. It was well balanced with great hops flavor and a sweet citrus flavor. My mouth exploded with joy as I first tasted this gem. I like Racer 5 but this just blew me away.

Café Racer 15 from Bear Republic Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 94.8% out of 100 with 1,241 ratings