Zywiec Beer | Zywiec Breweries PLC (Heineken)

poor
Read the review
Zywiec BeerZywiec Beer

Zywiec Breweries PLC (Heineken)
Poland
zywiec.com.pl

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by Todd on 10-08-2001

look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.18/5  rDev +36.2%

Zywiek “Beer” pours a clear golden amber from a 11.2 fl. oz. brown bottle. head goes to well over two fingers and on the way down to a thin cap, leaving a scanty lace.

Nose is a damp malt with a hint of floral hops. Palate has a nice sweet malt signature balanced with a bitter hops and just a hint of floral.

Good malt mixed with a well bittered presence of hops that will not have you wondering is there malt or isn’t there. No small beer this Zywiek “Beer” from Poland. At 5.7% alcohol by volume with barley and hops well represented, Zywiek “Beer” will not disappoint.

4.18/5  rDev +36.2%

A: Pale yellow with good head, head rention and lacing. A very clear beer.
S: A slight aroma like that of a Pilsener. Pleasant indeed.
T: Very good, lightly hopped and a great balance with maltiness but on the side of the hops(Saaz I think). Very good. Clean, crisp and a fairly narrow flavor profile as would come from a good Lager.
M: Light but full for the style.
D: Awesome, I could throw many of these back. Not very filling and very enjoyable to drink.

My first Polish beer but not my last. In a way it reminds me of Grolsch....another European Pale Lager but a bit different. If you like Grolsch, you like this beer.:)

4.1/5  rDev +33.6%

Major props to my county homie, Tone77, for being on the lookout for new CANs for me to try. Trades for us are simple - I just stop by his place of work to drop off CANs for him and he hooks me up. CAN you dig it?

I initially got two foamy, soapy fingers' worth of bone-white head that settled down pretty quickly. Color was a beautiful golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose had a soft hoppiness, present but not in-your-face. In fact, it really smelled like lager should, no adjunct scents to get in the way. Mouthfeel was medium with a lager sweetness on the tongue. I have not had Zywiec since my Bloomfield Bridge Tavern days and it brought back fond memories of their Red and White dinner platters, sitting around with Stosh, drinking Polish and Baltic beers. Finish was smooth, soft, very lager-like. This was quite the hook-up and very welcome in my cooler at the beach!

4.07/5  rDev +32.6%

Crystal clear gold with good head retention. Aroma is not too noticeable but if you search, there's some slight yeast mustiness and even a sickly candy-fruity-sweet aroma that I found unusual and appealing. Caramel malts come on as you would expect for a lager of this type and color; hops don't really present themselves and the finish is a bit wet. There is some light crispness in the middle but it does get railroaded. For the finish, the sweetness increases exponentially and leaves quite a fruity trace behind it. Very nice. There is some masterful yeast going on in this beer. I can understand some may be disappointed by the lack of hoppiness in this pilsner-style beer, and that is understandable. Some may even find it bland. Well I really liked it; the yeast is the most volatile, temperamental, complex part of the beer and this beer is nothing less than thrilling if you're into that, like I am. Like a good Belgian, disguised as a bland Euro-lager. Drink with strawberries or maybe raisins (this is just guesswork here; I am not eating either of those things at the moment).

What an excellent beer.

It has the most enticing aroma, a clean finish with a bit of hoppiness, and a gorgeous head. I buy Zywiec whenever I see it, and I have never been disappointed. It is a very consistent bottle, and a pleasure to drink. My only negative is that it seems a little thin... something that always takes my by surprise.

4.07/5  rDev +32.6%

Into my Atlas Good-Luck jar.

This is a good beer with a nice straw color and a 3 finger head to dwindles down to nothing. Aroma is clover-honey malty. Taste is sweet then fresh-grainy-brightness that is a rightness. End in a nice deeply bitter finish. I don't think the drinkers on this board give this one justice. Try on on its a good beer. Mouthfeel is pretty nice for this variety. Drinkability is A-one.

Na zdrowie!!!

4.07/5  rDev +32.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Beer not bad I could drink a few

4.04/5  rDev +31.6%

I got this freshly tapped in Krakow, Poland
Golden color and white fluffy head
Smells of noble hops. Nothing special
Taste is great, bready malts with noble hop balance
Texture is surprisingly chewy from the malts, still refreshing.
Makes an excellently quaffable brew with a good conversation. Top shelf for a pale lager.

4.03/5  rDev +31.3%

Nice pour on this one. Frothy white head and a very pale golden yellow color with a low carbonation. Very lucid. Huge grassy hop note emanates from the beer, along with lively and spicy sweet grains. The taste is very smooth and crisp. Grainy character comes through, with a touch of lemon zest. The body is light and finishes with some oiliness. This is my second Polish lager and I must say this is another winner. Very nice and highly quaffable. A beer of high quality. Very good.

4.02/5  rDev +30.9%

I had wanted to try this one for a while. I bought it about 2 wks ago. Brown 16.9 oz bottle and one of the cooler logos I know of. This is a little more than just unique art-it is good branding. I guess this must be the Bud of Poland. Again, I wish our (USA's) Bud,Millers, Coors 's were as good as other countries' versions of similar.

There is nothing noteworthy about appearance on this. Plain straw color, no lace, fairly decent malty grass and hoppiness on the nose but you have to have a few sips before this is apparent.

Taste is nice smooth malt/hops balance-grassy again-no noticeable metallic quality which is so common on this type beer.
I like it and I knew I would. I would bet that in Poland, this stuff is cheaper than bottled water. I am not planning on moving to Poland but....
Oh yeah it has good fuzzy,clean mouthfeel and drinkability is excellent.

4.01/5  rDev +30.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Zywiec has a thick, white head, a clear, bubbly, straw appearance, and a little bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is pungent, full, and bready. Taste is of bold barley malt and nice, hefty hop spice. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Zywiec finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and mild. This is just a great beer! I look forward to trying it, again. RJT

This beer had a nice thermal label that changed color when the beer was the right temperature to drink. The beer poured a real pale straw color, clear with a dense white head. Strong sweet malt aroma, with faint floral hops and a little skunk, as it warms the malt aroma opens up with hints of Vienna or Munich malt. The flavor is malty sweet, not very bitter at all, and a touch of hops and a creaminess in the finish. The body is solid for a pale lager, and the sweetness stays around longer than most others. The malt flavor is amazing for such a pale beer, making this beer a must try.

pours a light golden color with a two finger white head with a easy pour, head settles to a ring on the glass and some lacing to the finish. aromas are earthy with hops there. taste is bready, yeasty, slightly sweet up front ending with a slightly salty taste. mouthfeel light and nicely carbonated. i happen to like a good lager and this one is not bad. good session beer.

Ab ab ab ab ab

Zywiec Beer from Zywiec Breweries PLC (Heineken)