Philadelphia's Brewpub Betsy Ross Golden Ale | Philadelphia's

Awaiting More Ratings

Philadelphia's
Oregon, United States

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mentor on 12-16-2007

2.5

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

2.37/5  rDev 0%

Pours a half-finger dirty white head over a crystal clear dulled golden ale. Smells mild. Musty. Lemoned cardboard.

Dry, like one type of white wine (I'm not a wine connoiseur, so I'm guessing Pinot?). Sweet is present, but never comes to the front and doesn't possess any distinct flavor. Tastes metalic iron and copper with vegetal. Bad beer line. I don't know what that hop is, but I don't like it.. Makes me think of the rind of brei cheeses and comes across as a bit lemony.. It's strong and aromatic with little bitter. Rides on a strong carbonation Light body and strong carbonation.

2.64/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

It had been several years since I could muster the courage to return to Philadelphia's to drink their beer. I thought at first that things might have changed in my absence. Perhaps they'd improved from horrific to merely disinteresting.

This would prove to NOT be the case, though as it turns out, this light golden ale is among the least bad of Philadelphia's wares. Betsy Ross Golden has a faint but appealing melon-like aroma. Its taste suggests an orange-ginger melee with a misplaced array of dishwater. The beer shows strong carbonation, but not a shred of lather or lace. It is yellow-green, unfiltered, and dilute in body.

A foul ale of cabbage and cardboard that leaves an awful taste in the mouth.

Philadelphia's Brewpub Betsy Ross Golden Ale from Philadelphia's