Twilight Summer Ale | Deschutes Brewery

1.2/5  rDev -67.2%

1.25/5  rDev -65.8%

1.75/5  rDev -52.2%

1.84/5  rDev -49.7%

I choked my way through a 6 pack of this stuff over the course of about 2 weeks in an attempt to see how Deschutes thought this was worthy of their name. What an utterly horrible beer. I've had rookie home brew better than this. It was cloudy. Not good for a blonde. Not much in the nose but not bad either. Minimal head. Taste had a horrible acrid bitter back end that was just weird. I can't see what would make anyone like this beer. Poor effort by Deschutes. Oh... side note it to me a long time to get around to trying the is beer because of the name. Is anyone even awake over there at Deschutes?

1.88/5  rDev -48.6%

I cannot really say much about this beer. The smell was all hops, and tasted like that too. No malt at all, it was like choking down hop extract . Very astringent. I wonder if I bought a bad bottle; however, it was at a Portland beer store with a high turnover so I doubt it had gone bad.

2.16/5  rDev -41%

My bottle is different then the one in the pic, which means mine is better.
Freshness date of 9/3/10

Brown bottle poured into a pub glass. About an inch of off white head, quick to recede, leaving a thin collar of retention. Color is mich golden transparent yellow.

Not much for aroma here. Hay field without the cow shit.

Taste, well, the bottle describes a heavy dose of hops. I think its more anorexic then heavy. I get aspirin and talcum powder.
Little to no taste at all....I can taste the water and it tastes extra watery.

Glad I only bought a single bottle, wont be doing this one again. A self proclaimed apa that seems to stray from the style.

2.26/5  rDev -38.3%

With all of the malt upfront in this beer you would expect some sweetness, yet this beer didn't offer that or any really distinctive malt flavor. The hops are acceptable but finish dry and astringent. It left me thirstier than when I started which isn't ideal for a summer brew.

2.3/5  rDev -37.2%

2.4/5  rDev -34.4%

2.46/5  rDev -32.8%

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours clear gold with 2-3 fingers of fluffy white head. Light carbonation.

N: Not too much going on in the nose. Very light Pilsner-like malts and that's pretty much it.

T: Incredibly light flavor. I can only taste pilsner malts along with a slight floral bitterness. Maybe a zip of pine?

M: Light-medium bodied, creamy and smooth.

O: Muh. Very bland. Not much going on at all. Miller-Bud-Coors drinking would probably like this.

2.48/5  rDev -32.2%

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It tastes like any random adjunct beer. Neutral grain flavor with stale citrus. Could have Blue Moon for all I could tell.

Twilight Summer Ale from Deschutes Brewery