Hop Trip (Bond Street Series) | Deschutes Brewery

Hop Trip (Bond Street Series)Hop Trip (Bond Street Series)

Deschutes Brewery
Oregon, United States
deschutesbrewery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Fall

Added by TheBungyo on 10-08-2005

Ratings: 1,299 |  Reviews: 478

4.98/5  rDev +21.2%

Pours a clear amber, off white half finger of head.

Smell is holy god!!!! Fresh squeezed citrus, orange, mango, pineapple, apple. Sweetness underneath, a true pleasure to smell, I am almost afraid to taste because I do not want to be let down by the amazing aroma!

Taste is just as good, fresh and I mean fresh citrus, tropical, pineapple and orange are all over this thing! Oily, piney, good malt base. just really impressive stuff!

Mouthfeel is oily, medium, crisp and both wet and dry, really interesting feel to this one.

WOW WOW WOW, that is all I have to say about that. This is by far the best fresh hop beer I have ever had, I will not even need to look for Founders Harvest this year, this is cheaper and better IMO. I may go back for a case! I can not believe how impressive this beer it! BUY IT!

4.24/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

12oz bottle,
A - frothy beige head tops an amber colored ale. Good head retention and lacing.
S - sweet and fruity aroma with fresh, dank hops, grapefruit, tropical, caramel malt, honey
T - smackering of hop oils coat the palate with oily, piny, grapefruity, tropical notes. Sweet caramel, toasted grain, bready malt add for excellent balance
M - medium body, resinous, pleasant carbonation
O - excellent fresh hop APA. No complaints here. Glad I got to try it.

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

4.75/5  rDev +15.6%

4.7/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is my favorite APA to date, the fresh hops smell and taste is great. Citrus with notes of pines, and a nice fresh herbal tone make it really enjoyable.
Too bad this is just a seasonal, I'd drink it all year round. This is the beer that made me grow fresh hops in my garden.

4.5/5  rDev +9.5%

A - transparent amber, one finger white head. Beauty in the glass.
S- fresh sweet hop, citrus, piney
T- grapefruit,mine, citrus, malt. Little bitterness.
M- light to medium bodies, not watery. Moderate carbonation.
O- I could drink one or twelve of these. 5.5% but so full flavored. I love with this one for sure. Sad I bought just one.

Um, I mean, don't drink this. It's horrible. More for me, mwah hahaha!!!

4.74/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance: Pours a nice amber with good amounts of white foam and lacing

Smell: Very balanced for the beers name. This is not a big hoppy IPA like it suggests. Subdued citrus notes and malt notes tease the olfactory.

Taste: This is a balanced beer for sure. It hits the tongue as somewhat fruity and leaves a malty taste lingers in the back of your mouth.

Mouthfeel: This is a very light feeling beer on the mouth that finishes incredibly smooth.

Overall: Very good beer. Give it a shot.

3.75/5  rDev -8.8%

4.23/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.75/5  rDev +15.6%