Mirror Mirror (Pinot-Port-Bourbon Barrel Aged) | Deschutes Brewery

Style: American Barleywine

Added by BrewMonkey on 11-16-2008

Reviews by BrewMonkey:
4.67/5  rDev 0%

Served at the West Coast Barrel Aged Fest in Hayward, CA.

Pours slightly hazy with little light white head. Aroma's are starkly unusual with the expected malt and citrusy hop aromas infused with sherry, wine and port. Bourbon was not overtly noticable in the aroma. Very slight alcohol presense on the nose.

Taste is wild, like a sour ale without the sourness. Loads of juicy port flavors swirl around an very floral hop flavor and wonderfully sweet malt backbone. Bitterness level to a fantastic job of keeping everything in line without overpowering the pallate. Any bourbon presense seemed to have missed my pallate, though the wine flavor may have been such a suprise I failed to notice.

Fantastic stuff, makes me very curious to try other ales aged in port/wine barrels. I am more of a fan of Deschutes with everything I try.

Mirror Mirror (Pinot-Port-Bourbon Barrel Aged) from Deschutes Brewery