Fresh Squeezed IPA

Gots
SCORE
World-Class
Fresh Squeezed IPAFresh Squeezed IPA
Notes: This mouthwateringly delicious IPA gets its flavor from a heavy helping of Citra and Mosaic hops. Don't worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer.

Reviews: 857 | Ratings: 5,618 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
brewerburgundy from Virginia

4.24/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12oz can, tulip, canned 10/5/21.

Red skewed amber with a crackly, generous papyrus colored head and even some nice lace.

Juicy grape, mango, and peach rings. Vibrant, and again, very juicy.

The peach rings and gummy candy come out strong. There’s a malt backbone with an English character, which is something I haven’t tasted in a hot minute. The bitterness is smooth, medium, and finishes cleanly.

A medium-light body and creamy carbonation combine for a really put together beer.

I thought I’d had this before and that it wasn’t memorable, but now I’m not so sure. This is a really nice combination of new hops and throwback to English pale ales and early American craft.

Tuesday at 01:29 AM
Grubetube01 from Illinois

3.91/5  rDev -8.2%

Bitter, resin leaning IPA resembling the classic, resilient taste of the style. Not overly hop forward. Based on the name, I expected a lot more citrus and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

A great choice for someone who is not a huge modern- IPA drinker.

Sep 22, 2021
B1blazin

2.92/5  rDev -31.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Honestly it tastes nothing more than average. I give it a 6.1 out of 10 my way. I'd enjoy the fresh Haze better and feel this beer is overrated at a 95. That's forgiving.

Sep 18, 2021
HarlotBronte from District of Columbia

3.67/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Bottled 7/1 and consumed on 9/11

L: Pours a crystal clear amber with a beautiful off white head.
S: Smell isn’t as hoppy as expected and a little disappointing.
T: Malt forward and slightly bitter. Citrus and pine.
F: Mouthfeel is resiny and sticky
O: I was really excited to try this and am surprised by the world class rating. It is good, but world class? For the price, it’s solid though.

Sep 12, 2021
ZebulonXZogg from Illinois

4.07/5  rDev -4.5%

Pours a clear copper color with a nice eggshell colored head, nicely laced glass. Lightly hopped aroma, some malts and citrus. Medium bodied, nicely carbonated. This is a really nice IPA!

Sep 09, 2021
TheBrewsClues from California

4.02/5  rDev -5.6%

A solid IPA brewed with Citra and Mosaic hops. It's not as citrusy as the name implies, but definitely full of flavorful, malty goodness with a smooth easy bitter to finish it off.

Aug 05, 2021
MikeCatl

3.49/5  rDev -18.1%

Wow…this IPA had such a great rating that it lead me to purchase 12 cans as soon as I saw it at my local store. I was so excited to crack one open, pour it in a tall glass, and let it blow my mind.
Was I in for a surprise when I got my first sip….this stuff is terrible. Maybe my expectation was, and still is, way too high. I even checked the expiration date on the can…it’s not even close close to the expiration date. I dumped out the first one, grabbed a fresh glass, and tried it again. Ughh, this is just nowhere near a “world-class” rating. Now I have to leave the other 10 cans at a friends house. Naw, I would dish this stuff on freind with taste for good IPA’s. I’ll have to find someone to give it to who likes swill.

Aug 04, 2021
BNSlums from Washington

3.96/5  rDev -7%

Deschutes has yet to disappoint. Stellar beers all around in flagships and specialties. The Fresh Squeezed APA pours a caramel red, about 13 SRM. A tall delicately tan head lofts atop. Its bubbles are moussey like frothed milk. Retained 2+ minutes. Slow to carbonate. On the nose, a light sweet malty spruce with a hard biscuit backbone. Ever so slight banana esters as well. The texture is silky and smooth like sipping a cappuccino. The hop is moderate. It taste overall of caramelized bread, with vanilla and, again, spruce. Slow to develop, as each note takes its share. The flavors linger and alcohol is only traceable thereafter.
This APA is s heftier drink but fits a summer day sweetly. Refreshing while chewy. The intensity is mellow and long-lasting.
I would describe it curtly as a hop heavy Amber. A very curious and surprising APA.

Jun 03, 2021
BerkeleyBeerSleuth from California

4.63/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

i can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's always been one of my favorites. Beautiful pour from a bottle dated 03/10/2021. Dark copper color with a creamy off-white head. Just slightly unfiltered, but not as much as a juicy ipa Right off the bat the aroma exudes freshness. Mango, pineapple, orange, sticky resiny hops. Now I know why I always loved this beer. Great sticky mouthfeel. Dank. Pineapple, berry, apple, orange peel, mango. This is juicy. One of the fruitiest beers on the west coast that isn't a hazy, and that's why I like it. It strikes a strong balance between bitterness and fruit flavor. The aftertaste just keeps going and going I could keep writing this review just based off a few sips. So much character. Let's talk about the mouthfeel. There is a good malt backing to support all the hop playfulness. The beer is medium bodied. Overall, the aroma and flavor alone knock it out of the ball park for me. I can see why this beer has a world class ranking. Get some if you can.

May 04, 2021
KT3418 from Colorado

3.94/5  rDev -7.5%

Trying for the first time and Im not mind blown after my first can but I do feel like once I've gotten to know this one a bit better I'll increase my rating, similar to what happened with fresh haze.

Idk i still feel like I've better but I mean the rating is pretty good so...you might wanna see for yourself

Apr 28, 2021
AtomRay from Oregon

2.33/5  rDev -45.3%

If IAA (India amber ale) is a thing, this is it. Dark amber color with lots of malt and bitter hops. It's basically Fat Tire with extra hops, an IPA for non-IPA drinkers. I bought a six-pack, had two and gave away the rest. I don't understand the hype.

Apr 23, 2021
Urk1127 from New Jersey

1.36/5  rDev -68.1%

Amber color with a tan head. Smells of rotten mangos and orange juice and caramel. Taste follows. Thin. Maybe too green for me but I do not like this.

Apr 02, 2021
stcules from Italy

3.69/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dark copper color, beautiful cream colored foam.
In the smell caramel notes, then hop. A lot of grapefruit, fruityness, peach.
Again citrus taste, red orange, peach, pineapple. Malty backbone, with a light caramel, for a good balance.
Not too long aftertaste, but clean, bitter.
Pleasant IPA.

Mar 28, 2021
thebrood1987 from California

4.35/5  rDev +2.1%

Citrusy, grapefruit almost bubblegum like aroma. Taste is the same with a crisp carbonation and sweet malty and very slight yeasty flavor but is definitely overpowered by the citrusy grapefruit bubblegum hop taste. Not too bitter but definitely is there from all the hops used in this beer. Very unique! Great beer.

Mar 13, 2021
feloniousmonk from Minnesota

4.21/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

7/06/13:
Clear, bright coppery, crimson coloring, large, lasting head, looking several kinds of great.

Aroma: every kind of citrus note imaginable, we've got lemon and orange and lime, and grapefruit, and need you name more ? Mango and tangerine, and a slice of pineapple on the side. Ooooh, yeah. Ahhhh….

Taste: just plain ol' yum. The major breweries of America have hit open the sacred secret: just bring us the citrus. That's what we scream for in an IPA, don't you know? That's what we're dying for, silly.
Creamy mouthfeel, low bitterness, high hoppitude, and ever-lasting flavor. Brisk and refreshing. MMM, mmm. Not too high in alcohol, which is just what this needs.

Time to read the label: "This mouthwatering delicious IPA gets it's flavor from a heavy helping of citra and mosaic hops. Don't worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer."

Citra is the hot hop these days. Do a pale ale or IPA with Citra and bing, boom, bang, you've got a hit on your hands. A wonderful blend, this, with a malty blend at the bottom, an amber edge, and the citrus notes doing nothing but shining, bright and summery.

Mmm, hmmm. Man, you drink this and drink it…it might even leave some zombies in it's dust….

Feb 04, 2021
mvanaskie13 from Pennsylvania

4.09/5  rDev -4%

Poured into a grip shaped goblet: color is dark copper, transparent, head is light tan with frothy mix of bubbles and presents 1 inch thick, spotty lacing on the glass sides.

Smell is quite enticing mix of hops and malt - light caramel, light toast, mix of citrus and light tropicals with an earthy finish.

Taste is similar with pleasant hop/malt balance - light caramel, toast, bread, biscuit, yeast, then some citrus and earthy/wood characteristics, maybe light lemon.

Mouthfeel is moderate carbonation, moderate sweetness, moderate bitterness.

Overall a really great IPA - great malt balance and fresh, citrusy/yet woody/earthy hops as well.

Jan 25, 2021
LeBron_James from Canada (ON)

4.29/5  rDev +0.7%

I had this from a 2 month old 6 pack (can). The look and head on this beer is beautiful among IPAs. Leaves lacing and has that asymmetrical head which is always a good sign. The beer smells fruity and citrusy and packed with hops, very pleasant. The taste starts out same as the nose. Lots of fruit, citrus, and hops, but then the end hits. IPAs always have that bitterness at the end but with this beer it hits HARD. Very bitter and kind of a big transition from the fruityness that dies for it. It's world class but not my favourite IPA. Deschutes never seems to miss though, and I think a lot of people will enjoy this more than I did so I'd recommend IPA lovers try this.

Jan 11, 2021
Charles_Ball_Fuller from Missouri

4.19/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Look: Deep hazy golden orange with a beautiful white head.
Smell: Crisp and fruity; strong orange and mango scents.
Taste: Very citrusy notes of orange and grapefruit with mango on the finish. The level of bitterness is perfect, as it allows the fruity characteristics to come forward while staying crisp and refreshing.
Feel: Very light, but sort of sticks around in your mouth for a while.
Overall: Really nice IPA that's well-balanced and fruity and refreshing.

Nov 27, 2020
Reidrover from Oregon

4.21/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

19.2 oz. stove top hat can from Plaid Pantry in West Salem.
$3
Amazing this world class beer is available at PP after midnight among the bums, alkies and general wastrels!
Pours a dark amber..slightly opaque..nice bubbly off white head..turns to copious lace.
Aroma is of caramel and fresh honey malts along side floral and dank hops. Great stuff.
Taste is very similar to the aroma..but has some juicy hoppiness as a surprise.
Lovely semi thick mouth feel..nice for the cold weather.'
A great IPA perhaps the best convenience store beer ever!

Nov 23, 2020
Sheppard from Massachusetts

3.83/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a ruby grapefruit orange with off white head. Crystal clear. Some candied citrus on the nose. Loads of candied citrus in flavor, it's a little malt forward, with some sweet caramel, and finishes with a touch of shallot/red onion sharpness. It's a solid WCIPA but doesn't really err higher than that.

Oct 31, 2020
maxpower from Missouri

3.6/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Clear amber copper color, creamy off white head, pine and citrus in the nose, resiny pine flavors, medium body has a crisp carbonated feel on the tongue, sharp bitterness in the finish, seems a little bit rough, not as good as I expected, still not bad.

Oct 18, 2020
Steve_Studnuts from Pennsylvania

3.85/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Several fingers of infinitely creamy head settles in over a burnt maple stew. It's a pretty and striking beer. This particular sample is nearing it's expiration point, so the smell is a bit muted, but it's still awful juicy. Pineapple, mango and sticky sweet malt. Taste is a bit odd and overly sweet, but that's probably a symptom of it's age; faded hops and the abundance of malt left over that was originally intended for balance. Maybe I shouldn't be reviewing this one. At the very least, I'll have to make an effort to revisit it sometime in the near future. What's here is still a mighty fine beer.

Sep 29, 2020
gooddaydiablo from Texas

4.28/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

brown color (it's not pale), clear, white heads, some lacing,

smells and tastes piney

taste: yes it feels fresh, like fresh grass, sweet malt and bitter hop balanced well.

creamy mouthfeel, medium-full body, floral finish, balanced, nice

overall: this is above average, a well made traditional west-coast ipa. maybe needs some more personality but none the less it's def. solid.

Sep 26, 2020
jonphisher from New Jersey

4.5/5  rDev +5.6%

I love this beer so much so I figured it was time to review it as I can finally buy it locally.

Pours a beautiful amber with a reddish hue to it. Solid head at pour that leaves behind some lacing and then thing creamy head that persists. Now my favorite part of this beer aroma...it has a super unique smell that is indistinguishable to me. It’s like orange, blue spruce but also refreshing lime/lemon hint. Taste follows aroma with orange rind becoming the dominating flavor to me. Incredible smooth creamy mouthfeel from perfect carbonation, beautifully balanced bitterness and nice and resinous.

It’s hard for me not to be bias but this beer is about as perfect an ipa can get for me. It’s balance every where and chock full of flavor while still being drinkable. The ideal abv for an ipa to me too.

Sep 20, 2020
cardfan212 from Minnesota

4.08/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Poured from a 19.2 ounce can into my Bud Nascar glass.

Look - A beautiful clear golden amber body with a lovely soft eggshell head. Mellows out into a fine cap of light bubbles.

Smell - Lovely floral citrus air that wafts deep into my nostrils. One of the best things I've smelled this week. Like a fresh glass of orange juice on a spring morning.

Taste - I was very excited based on the smell, but the taste isn't nearly as nuanced and brilliant. The citrus is more bitter than the sweet nose, and the floral is replaced with a dirty earthy backbone.

Feel - Silky smooth, perfect amount of carbonation. A great mouthfeel. The bitterness sits on the back of your tongue in a very pleasant way.

Overall - I love almost everything about this beer, but the taste is pretty run of the mill. The look and smell are top-notch though.

Sep 05, 2020