Fresh Squeezed IPA | Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Oregon, United States
deschutesbrewery.com

Style: American IPA

This mouthwateringly delicious IPA gets its flavor from a heavy helping of Citra and Mosaic hops. Don't worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer.

Added by ccrida on 12-31-2009

4.2

Ratings: 5,005 |  Reviews: 707

Not my type of bet not a fan

1.2/5  rDev -71.4%

1.38/5  rDev -67.1%

One of the worst IPAs I've had in a long time...citra and mosaic? Where? It's all malt...no carbonation...sweet, not hoppy...don't let the hop bill trick you.

1.5/5  rDev -64.3%

1.5/5  rDev -64.3%

1.72/5  rDev -59%

What a malty mess. Nothing but malt on the taste. I am highly upset that I hunted this down. Well within freshness range. Taste is malt, malt, and more malt. Will not seek again. Overrated garbage brew.

1.8/5  rDev -57.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Best by 06/2015 and it is almost April. The one bottle I got had to be way past its prime. Almost no hop aroma or taste. Tasted just like an amber ale. I am sure this beer is much better fresh but not the one I got.

1.87/5  rDev -55.5%

Anyone with a score higher than Coldkiller’s must be drinking something mislabled. He sees this beer as I did.
There is not a speck of hop on this beer. It’s not a garbage brew; I rate it as slightly better than almost undrinkable. I finished the six-pack. Lots of malt for sure, but it’s not disgusting. The dripping hops on the label says they were squeezed into the beer.
This was a test. If you raved about this beer, you may be, at least, confused. Or someone is.
Me thinks this a secret product of Beer Advocate to weed out unknowledgeable reviewers.

2.46/5  rDev -41.4%

Maybe the biggest IPA disappointment I've ever come across - it goes to show you can't listen to what you read online. HEAVY malt bomb, discordant with the bitterness. A hot mess.

2.63/5  rDev -37.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

12 oz. purchased purchased at Joe's Liquors in Iowa City, IA; unknown brewing/bottling date; poured into my Toppling Goliath chalice glass; drank over 30 minutes

2.68/5  rDev -36.2%

Bought a growler blind from the high review. Man was I disappointed. No hope, poor malt bill, unpleasant bitterness not from hops. Yuck. Terrible aroma, look is too dark. Does not taste like an IPA, tastes like a small brewery APA that is subpar. How disappointing. Hope that this growler maybe was just off, but it came from a very reliable source in DC.

2.72/5  rDev -35.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

This was a major disappointment for me. Maybe I had a bottle with too much (best by date in 6 weeks) age. There was no distinct flavor....it was just meh.

2.72/5  rDev -35.2%

Really don't care for IPAs, and as such wouldn't have tried this beer but for the brewery's facebook page. After conversation with someone at the brewery, I told them I don't like the flavor of pine, they suggested this beer. Said hoppy, but no pine. And there it is pine flavor.

2.76/5  rDev -34.3%

Went to the public house on a beautiful Portland summer evening for BB XXIII. Oooh, Fresh Squeezed is on to. I remember how great that was last year, we should get that too. Wait what? What happened to this beer? Last year it was a citrus delight, this year not so much. Still a beautiful, burnt orange color. The nose has a touch of citrus, but I'm also getting a musty note that is unpleasant. The taste is a bomb. Like dissolved aspirin with a malt backbone. Those aren't citra hops as I know them.

2.79/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Fresh Squeeze was the best beer on tap.

2.8/5  rDev -33.3%