Fresh Squeezed IPA | Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Oregon, United States
deschutesbrewery.com

Style: American IPA

This mouthwateringly delicious IPA gets its flavor from a heavy helping of Citra and Mosaic hops. Don't worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer.

Added by ccrida on 12-31-2009

4.2

Ratings: 5,010 |  Reviews: 708
3.99/5  rDev -5%

3.79/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pours a reddish amber into my Shorts pint glass. Aggressive pour yields 1 1/2 finger head with lacing that really coats the glass. Citra and Mosaic hops really come through on this. There's a balanced, yeasty, nuttiness that covers up some of the promised juicy, floral notes. Slight piney, bitterness lingers on the tongue. I keep waiting for the fresh squeezed juiciness promised by the name. I am underwhelmed. Maybe I'm spoiled, after finishing off 2 four packs of Todd the Axeman last week. This is a good IPA, and I'm glad I snagged 2 bottles, but I wouldn't call it great.

3.25/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

just slightly above okay for me yes it's easy to drink and yes it has a nice aroma but is that enough to give it a four? not for me, a four for me means i will be buying it again. even though it has its some charm it's not enough to lure me in again. Why? i don't know but i think that i am starting to think that i am just not a fan of fruity beer and this has a significant amount of fruit, so much so that it can taste like grapefruit juice at times. if i want to drink something fruity i rather drink mango juice and throw some rum in it. the .25 was for easy drinking and good aroma traits.

4.65/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Fruity ipa. Medium white head some lacing. Smell is awesome floral and fruit.Taste follows citrus forward. Classic citrus ipa well done.

4.46/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.66/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.06/5  rDev -3.3%

4.75/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.61/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.27/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.14/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.99/5  rDev -5%

Pours dark brown orange with rootbeer style head. Carbonation bulbs rising none stop from bottom. Thick foamy lacing covers the glass with every sip. Smell of hops and citrus along with pine. Very light tasting Ipa hoppy and piny.. this would be a good daily drinker in my eyes.

4.48/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.51/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

The aroma of this beer was the best thing about this beer. It had a very floral and leafy aroma to it which appeals to me and that surprises me a bit considering the dark bronze color it had. It pours with a 1.5 finger head with moderate tail retention. The taste is pretty consistent with the aroma. It did have a bit of a watery feel to it but I can't complain this is beer I think I will drink on a regular basis

4.4/5  rDev +4.8%

This is a beautiful looking beer, with a terrific smell. You can really pick up on the hops and citrus. I got a small keg of this and enjoyed it for a month out of my kegerator. My wife, not a fan of most IPA's, even enjoyed it. The citrus cuts down on the bitterness quite a bit, but it isn't overpowering and the hops still stand out.

3.91/5  rDev -6.9%

4.29/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Better to tap than in a bottle. Lots of citrusy hops. I love how thick the head is, my glass always has those "drink lines" that I love to see out of an IPA. Solid choice, especially in the summer.

4.2/5  rDev 0%

4.09/5  rDev -2.6%

4.35/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.24/5  rDev +1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.52/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Nice head that holds throughout. Great citra hop smell. Balanced front to back and super smooth. Fruity hop flavor with just enough bite. Home Run!

4.21/5  rDev +0.2%