Foret Libre

Very Good
Foret LibreForet Libre
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

Rated: 3.99 by mattreitz49 from Florida

Jul 26, 2020
Reviewed by Alieniloquium from Florida

3.41/5  rDev -12.8%
750 mL bottle. Hazy orange with an ample fluffy head. Smells of earthy yeast, sweet doughy malt, and some herbal notes. Tastes of sweet doughy bread, a little grain, bananas and spices. Bitter yeasty finish. Soft carbonation. Medium heavy. I prefer regular Dupont.
Jun 24, 2019

Rated: 3.63 by mamaraza from Texas

Mar 24, 2019
Reviewed by mike22ne from Massachusetts

3.97/5  rDev +1.5%
Poured from a bottle.
This is an impressively good gluten-free beer. It's not the best saison I've ever had, but hits the flavors well while still keeping a pretty good body.

My buddy with Celiac's says "wow that's actually pretty good!"
And another friend says "I wouldn't have known it was gluten-free if you hadn't told me".
Jul 29, 2018
Reviewed by mynie from Maryland

4.23/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4
I remember trying a bunch of gluten-free beers around 2005, and they all tasted herbal. The bad ones tasted medicinal. None really tasted like other styles of beer, but most of them were pretty good, on their own terms.

This was back when "gluten-free" was a concern only for celiacs and those with other, legitimate medical issues, before idiot hippies invented the notion of "gluten sensitivity" and began their quest to ruin restaurant menus nationwide. It's perfectly normal and heathy to be repulsed by such people, and, consequentially, to mindlessly reject their material effects. Which is why I, like many of you, have not drank a gluten-free beer for some time.

And so I was surprised to see that Dupont put out a gluten-free product. It scrambled my prejudices. Roughly, my peanut-sized brain received a signal that said "DUPONT GOOD" and was then blindsided by "GLUTEN FREE BAD" and I was so upset I had go to my car, where I peed myself.

Not gonna lie: I have no memory of getting home. Found this in my fridge two later, and so I guess I have to review it.

Pours like a well-crafted saison: bright sunshine yellow, hazy, fizzy, large white head.

Smells fresh and delicate. Perhaps not as peppery as Saison Dupont but otherwise similar: hay, weed, dandelions, lemon.

Tastes very firm and floral up front, grassy and lemony in the middle, and very light and seltzery at the end. A tad thin and inconsistent, but still a solid saison. For a gluten-free product, it's a remarkable achievement.
Mar 12, 2017

Rated: 4 by UCLABrewN84 from California

Jan 08, 2017

Rated: 3.5 by archero from Texas

Nov 09, 2016
Reviewed by Can_has_beer from Texas

3.62/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
Couldn't find a bottle date, guessing 1 year old. It poured with a ton of head, which very slowly receeded over the course of 30 minutes. The aroma was classic DuPont saison, but compared to Saison DuPont I thought this turned out slightly more bitter, slightly smoother mouthfeel and very much drier. Overall, I prefer Saison DuPont.
Sep 11, 2016

Rated: 4.06 by TomMorris from Connecticut

Jul 03, 2016

Rated: 3.11 by aaronyoung01 from New Mexico

Jun 17, 2016
Reviewed by jzlyo from Iowa

4.02/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25
Aroma is spices, Belgian yeast and citrus. The flavor is Belgian yeast/candy, spices, fruit, malts and a mix of mild sweetness and tart in the finish.
Mar 08, 2016

Rated: 4.05 by bpmorrissey from Massachusetts

Nov 14, 2015
Reviewed by chinchill from South Carolina

4.04/5  rDev +3.3%
From a large cork and wire bottle.
Hazy light golden body topped by a durable white head.
Yeasty, fruity aroma.
Fruity flavor. Both the flavor and the aroma have moderately high complexity.
Drinks like a very flavorful but light Belgian tripel.
Aug 20, 2015

Rated: 4.26 by jrein0254 from Maryland

May 24, 2015
Reviewed by goochpunch from Texas

4.12/5  rDev +5.4%
Pours out a golden honey with a thin white head. Smells of crackery grain with spicy yeast. Grassy hop aroma. Tastes of honey, cereal grain. There's mild bitterness in the finish and a well-integrated spiciness from the yeast. Body is medium with mild carbonation. This is tasty. Not bad at all for a gluten free beer.
Apr 12, 2015
Reviewed by trebbates from Texas

4.43/5  rDev +13.3%
Wow. One of those beers that just does it for me. Pours a beautiful golden color with a fluffy white head that left small amounts of lacing. The floral, yeasty smell had me from the pop of the cork. I love a saison and the Belgians never disappoint. This will surely go down as one of the best. Great mouth feel with just the right amount of carbonation. This is a great beer and is worth trying.
Apr 05, 2015