Moinette Blond | Brasserie Dupont sprl

ITS SMOOTH
ITS DELICIOUS
AND
ITS A MUST DRINK FOR ANY BEER LOVER

I probably sell 12 to 15 cases of this a year just by my love for this brew. This was my first belgian ale and it made a massive impression on me from the very first sip. I remember about half way through the bottle I commented to my friend that this was the best beer I've ever tasted even though I'd probably only had a dozen beers under my belt. Now that I've sample well over 300 beers this is still the ONE !!!

On tap at double windsor in brooklyn for saison night.

Pours an amazing looking cloudy gold with a good sized white head for the abv

Smells of fruity hops upfront some bananna

Taste is nice and hoppy upfront that smooths out to a brilliant spiced honey

Mouthfeel is light and pretty highly carbonated

Overall amazing strong saison easily the star of the night

4.97/5  rDev +18.9%

On the bottle list at Monk's Pub Chicago. Have been wanting to try this one for awhile and I was not disappointed in the least. Drinks so easily for 8.5%, clean crisp and refreshing as hell on a hot day outside. They served it to me in a pilsner style glass, though. One of the best BSPAs I've had yet.

4.97/5  rDev +18.9%

Simply great taste.

4.95/5  rDev +18.4%

Moinette Blond pours hazy gold with a fluffy 2” mountainous, persistent white foam cap that rises up above the rim of the glass, leaving thick lace, with a small mound of foam remaining in the glass when you finish. It evokes the kind of foam one sees on the seashore. The nose is honey infused herbs with some light fruit and traces of bread. Light honey, peach, citrus, light grain and biscuit flavors roll over the tongue with a trace of funk, culminating in a slightly sweet finish moderated by a moderately bitter accent. It has very fine soft carbonation that produces a delightfully airy texture. It has a medium body and it very refreshing. Dupont uses those damn green bottles for this - I would give it 100 but every fourth or fifth bottle is skunky.

4.88/5  rDev +16.7%

750ml. A 2005 vintage. Looks just drop dead gorgeous. Very effervescent, clear almost backlit gold with a dense creamy pure white head. Great citrus smell, with oranges, apricots, and a woody background. Wonderfully smooth, malty flavor. The fruit puts in just enough appearance to sex the place up. It has a peppery spice that balances it all out and a crisp finish. Mouthfeel is perfect carbonation and then a silky, buttery texture underneath. Drinkability is wonderful. It is light, balanced, mellow, and delicious. I don't know if this is a strong pale ale or a saison but I know I'm getting more. I love these guys.

4.88/5  rDev +16.7%

Pure wonderment. I had this beer for the first time at the Hopleaf with Drewbage when he was in Chicago. I really enjoyed it then, so I bought a few bottles for home.

The beer pours a hazy golden color with a big rocky white head. What more could you ask for?!?!

The smell is a hoppy, floral, herbal concoction with fresh bread and pepper mixed in. Wow! Slightly skunky as well, but I like that.

Each sip of this beer makes me want another. It tastes like Spring to me. Wonderously crisp, hoppy, and herbal with a slight spicey floral character. It really tastes like Spring feels to me. Wonderful.

Mouthfeel is creamy and smooth. I love the way this feels.

I could open one after another of these incredible beers!

4.83/5  rDev +15.6%

Poured a nice yellowish color into a tulip glass. The head is a nice fluffy white and stays there for quite some time. As it simmers, there is lace all around the glass that stays there until you drink all of the brew. Smell is crisp and a slight banana smell along with malt. Fist taste was breath taking. bananas, malt, very complex but yet incredibility smooth and crisp. very little aftertaste. light feeling in the mouth, one cannot help but continually drinking this and wanting more. This beer has made me want more Belgian's, but I don't see how this could be improved on. A must have, in my opinion.

750 ml bottle, temp. around 8° C, in a 350 ml chalice-type glass

A : Potent big white head of wonderfully regularly formed foam, on a slightly hazy golden, tiny-bubbled, body.

S : Candy sugar, toffee, flowers. Subtle but unique.

T : Heaven in a glass ! Citrus, then sugar, then alcohol, perfectly balanced. Palate is awaiting eagerly the next gulp.

M : Light and warm, with a definite bitter finish.

Awesome beer. It is a great aperitif beer, a wonderful companion with mussels or a welsh rabbit. Excellent nightcap. Can turn into a deadly trap if drink without moderation...

4.83/5  rDev +15.6%

Pours a hazy golden color with a magnificently pillowy creamy white head that lasts almost forever and coats the sides of the glass with thick sheets of white lace. An absolutely beautiful beer. Nose is fruity and spicy with notes of clove, pepper, and floral hops. Very aromatic! Medium in body and very, very smooth. Taste is sweet and spicy at first with flavors of fresh fruit, mild banana, juicy orange, coriander, and pepper followed by a raw yeastiness, spicy hops, and a touch of lemon. A phenomenal brew that requires you to savor each sip.

4.8/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

2.012 on cork. Had 5/2013.

This was fantastic. A complete surprise, as it came from a friend (a civilian—aka not a beer geek) who received it in a bet a year ago. Style bias perhaps but this was no where on my radar and now I’m mildly obsessed with getting another bottle of it.

This pours a hazy golden with tight white foaming. It has a surprisingly spicy aroma, peppery and floral. There’s almost a muted hop presence with a herbaceous floral note on it. The flavor has more of the spicy characteristic. Really pleasing and terrifically effervescent. I found it ended with the characteristic Dupont yeasty floral notes & rounded finish. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Don’t be fooled by the “blonde ale” on the label—this is anything but your run of the mill (bland) blonde ale.

4.77/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Moinette Blond from Brasserie Dupont sprl