Mississippi Mud Black & Tan | Mississippi Brewing Co.

Mississippi Mud Black & TanMississippi Mud Black & Tan

Mississippi Brewing Co.
New York, United States

Style: Black & Tan

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 10-15-2001

Ratings: 1,186 |  Reviews: 447

4.47/5  rDev +45.1%

The appearance is a beautiful dark amber with a small head. The smell is very nice and solid. The taste is like a like a porter with a sharpness at the end. The mouthfeel is pleasant and the overall experience kind of reminds me of Rogue Dead Guy. I love this beer and may get it again. More likely I will experiment with making my own black & tans.

4.42/5  rDev +43.5%

A-It's got a nice dark tan texture to it. The description on the bottle says it all.

S-It's got a coffee like smell to it. It smells pretty good.

T- It tastes a tad like Bass with a hint of coffee to it. At least to me it had a coffee taste. It's got a nice even taste. It's not too strong and not too weak. It's a happy medium.

M-It feels good when swallowing. It leaves a mild aftertaste but it's a good aftertaste.

D-Well I drank the whole jug w/ no problem and enjoyed myself so that spoke for itself.

Overall, I recommend this beer. If you find it, it's worth having. It goes well when watching a movie too.

4.41/5  rDev +43.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Mississippi Mud Black & Tan brewed by Mississippi Brewing Co., with an ABV of 5.0% This brew pours out a nice light brown color with a nice off white head. It reminds me of sweet tea, in color. The smell is rich with flavor, you pick up on grains and malts. There is a nice mild sweetness in the smell of this brew. The smell is real inviting, you also pick up on some caramel malts. Now for the taste, it is bold with flavor. A mild sweetness at first. You pick up on malts, and mild roasted grains. There is a lot going on in this brew, but it is smooth. The mouthfeel is smooth, but rich with flavor. Mississippi Mud Black & Tan has a real nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering in this brew. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.5 out of 5. Mississippi Brewing Co., did a nice job with this one. I would buy this brew again.

4.38/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Great beer and reasonably priced

4.31/5  rDev +39.9%

Ok i saw the reviews, and I am a dark beer drinker, or a brown ale. So when i saw this bottle in the local market, I thought to myself very cool design. Yea the taste afterwards is not to good, it's not a real black n tan. But is a good beer, and when i brought it to a party i was going to alot of people commented on it, some who took a drink said it's ok..and others didnt like but thos ppl where the ones who where drinking Natural Ice beer. I mean wtf..come if i wanted something that came out yellow then i would of.. well you know where i was going with it..But now I dont even see this beer in any market..

4.31/5  rDev +39.9%

4.29/5  rDev +39.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Just had the 1 liter bottle, it has a great taste and for only having 5% ABV it actually feels like a higher content. Good job to those who made a great beer. I would recommend it to all of my friends. I just wish the cost wasn't so high. Other than that keep up the good work and I am looking forward to buying some more of your beer.

4.28/5  rDev +39%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very smooth crisp taste, dark amberish color. Very enjoyable, I feel it is underrated.

4.25/5  rDev +38%

One of my favorite go-to drinks when I either want something to bring or something for every day. It's a pretty simple, non-offensive combo that is only somewhat accurate to the genre, but it is one of the best inexpensive beers you can get. Mild with just slightly bittery-sweet notes of maybe caramel and dark chocolate. Thin head, dark color. And yes, the packaging will draw eyes, so why not.

4.25/5  rDev +38%

Mississippi Mud Black & Tan from Mississippi Brewing Co.