Mississippi Mud Black & Tan | Mississippi Brewing Co.

Mississippi Mud Black & TanMississippi Mud Black & Tan

Ratings: 1,183 |  Reviews: 444
4.25/5  rDev +38%

1.25/5  rDev -59.4%

4.73/5  rDev +53.6%

I'm kind of shocked to see such low reviews on this beer. I live in Rhode Island and for some reason we cannot get this beer up here anymore. It's very disappointing to me because this was one of my all time favorite beers! I loved everything about this brew. The taste was awesome, the smell was great, there was no nasty after taste and it had a pretty cool looking little growler! I hope some day we get this back up here. Truly a great beer in my opinion and I miss it.

2.5/5  rDev -18.8%

2.75/5  rDev -10.7%

4.5/5  rDev +46.1%

4.25/5  rDev +38%

3.75/5  rDev +21.8%

2.5/5  rDev -18.8%

1.5/5  rDev -51.3%

2.26/5  rDev -26.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

This is by far the cheapest growlette I have ever seen.

Appearance: Pours a brown color so similar to coca-cola. I got a 1.5 inch head with good retention and a little lacing. It's a watery beer not syrupy in consistency. Not bad looking.

Smell: Malty, thats just about it. Maybe some slight brown sugar and spice.

Taste: Really the mouthfeel kills the taste here. It's sweet and malty with a poke at some spice of some sort, but really not much going on here.

Mouthfeel: Oh so light and oh so watery, meh.

Overall: Honestly, it's kind of what I expected. It's not horrible and i can drink it but I really bought it because it was cheaper to buy the beer and growler than just the growler alone, kind of like how cassette tapes of Hanson were cheaper than blank cassette tapes.

2.91/5  rDev -5.5%

Mississippi Mud is a drinkable beer, not overly heavy in taste or mouth feel. That being said, the color was a nice brown with 3/4" of head. The smell is mediocre, really missing. The taste is slightly heavier than a pilsner, but nowhere near a porter. It's mouthfeel is a similar profile.

All in all, it was a worthwhile investment, but not likely something I'll pick up again.

2.75/5  rDev -10.7%

3.25/5  rDev +5.5%

Mississippi Mud Black & Tan from Mississippi Brewing Co.