Mississippi Mud Black & Tan | Mississippi Brewing Co.

Mississippi Mud Black & TanMississippi Mud Black & Tan

Style: Black & Tan

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 10-15-2001

20%

Ratings: 1,200 |  Reviews: 450

I picked up a jug of this from Woodman's in Rockford, IL in summer 2012. Pours a medium brown color with an off white foamy head. Scent is fairly malty as is the taste. Has an overall pretty dry taste but has some nice caramel hints as well. Texture is average as to be expected. Just a reasonable 32 oz jug of beer in a more rare to find style. Probably one of the more plentiful black and tan beers on the market.

4.72/5  rDev +49.8%

very smooth, good color, nice looking bottle. It is easy to find at carryout stores in our area. Price is very good @ 2.99 a quart. It is well with-in my price range and very tasty. A dark beer with no heavy after taste. you should give this beer a try if you are into dark or great tasting smooth brew.

2.5/5  rDev -20.6%

4.75/5  rDev +50.8%

3.75/5  rDev +19%

3.5/5  rDev +11.1%

4.25/5  rDev +34.9%

1.25/5  rDev -60.3%

4.73/5  rDev +50.2%

I'm kind of shocked to see such low reviews on this beer. I live in Rhode Island and for some reason we cannot get this beer up here anymore. It's very disappointing to me because this was one of my all time favorite beers! I loved everything about this brew. The taste was awesome, the smell was great, there was no nasty after taste and it had a pretty cool looking little growler! I hope some day we get this back up here. Truly a great beer in my opinion and I miss it.

2.5/5  rDev -20.6%

2.75/5  rDev -12.7%

Mississippi Mud Black & Tan from Mississippi Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.15 out of 5 with 1,200 ratings