90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

Ratings: 15,569 |  Reviews: 3,902

A swill so foul I would take the disgusting Natural Light over it any day.

Sorry folks - Maybe I got a bad one, but this is one of the single most disgusting beers I've ever tasted. I've had my share of drain-pours, but this is the first beer that I've ever spit out after one sip, looked at the bottle and said "Da fuq?".

Ironically, just before cracking this open, I watched the brewmaster from Dogfish head on a NatGeo special called "EAT: The Story of Food" ragging on the German Purity Law - the Reinheitsgebot - calling it "... equivalent to censorship".

Yeah, like Weihenstephaner. THAT, for me, is REAL beer. Not some twee, pretentious, over-done crap that is made with bile from warthogs and hops that can only be cultivated by Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon 6.

"World Class"!?

Da fuq!?

There's an initially deceptive smoothness that ultimately becomes overpowered by cloying bitterness. The more I drink, the stronger the bitterness becomes. This beer lacks balance. I don't like it at all.

1.12/5  rDev -73.6%

What's ther to say about this beer that hasn't already been said about Obama. It's empty promises and positive reviews don't give justice for the pure evil and harshness that is this beer. Imaging fermented raisens mixed with vodka. That's what this beer tastes like. The bitterness isn't bracing like a GOOD Ipa. Instead it cuts your taste buds open only to allow the horrible taste to hit you full swing. (like pouring lemon juice into an open wound).

I'm very thankful I bought one bottle of this for a little over $2. I was only able to stomach half before pouring the devil necter down the drain. As I watched it fall into the depths of hell, I noticed the dark color and thick consistency not unsimilar to that of a cough syrup. Truly symbolic for the evil that this over rated beer brings.

1.12/5  rDev -73.6%