90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

Ratings: 15,592 |  Reviews: 3,906

4.38/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I've been drinking this for a few years and, for whatever reasons, I've never reviewed it.

I feel this is one of the best IPAs out there; it looks great, has a solid head, smells wonderful, has a smooth consistent flavor with no odd aftertaste or quirks as you're raising the glass/bottle for the next gulp.

I also like the fact I can get it for slightly under retail at the brewery and, since it's in tax-free Delaware, not pay any taxes on the case or two I get when I'm nearby. Very nice!

A great beer; I've never had a bad one from a tap or in a bottle.

3.25/5  rDev -23.3%

3.75/5  rDev -11.6%

3.58/5  rDev -15.6%

Bottle dated: 06/07/12

Pours a clear, amber color with a creamy, two finger off-white head. Lots of tiny bubble rising to the top of the glass. It has good head retention with nice lacing. This beer has legs. Upfront I smell malt, followed by pine, floral and grapefruit notes. It is very sweet. In order to get a beer this sweet at such a high abv, there has to be a ton of grain in this beer. There is a average amount of hop bitterness, mostly in the back end. I get some fusels near the end as well. The mouthfeel is adequate with a good amount of carbonation for this style.

Overall this is a decent beer, but not the best IPA in the Country. For a bottle just under three months old, there isn't a significant amount of hop flavor or aroma. It is also cloyingly sweet.

3.75/5  rDev -11.6%