90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

Ratings: 15,565 |  Reviews: 3,902

3.5/5  rDev -17.5%

4.22/5  rDev -0.5%

A: Clear and on the darker orange side. A small amount of head that lingers around. Nice lacing.

S: Definitely smells like malt. Lots of hops and malt.

T: Kind of malty at first and then you get the hops. The alcohol is definitely lingering in the background.

M: Medium bodied and very light carbonation.

O: A pretty good DIPA. I don't think it would be my first choice but it's definitely worth buying.

4.85/5  rDev +14.4%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. I have had this bottle for a little over a month now. I'm not sure if this is long enough for more of the flavors to come out, but I definitely notice more flavor on this one than I have in previous ones I have tried.

The beer pours a dark orange IPA color. I get citrus, piney, and floral scents, as well as some malty smells. The taste is where I notice a real difference from past times that I have tried this beer (may just be because this is my first beer in a few days, and this is the first multiple day break from beer I have had in a while). The taste is very hoppy, but very balanced with a strong malt flavor as well. There is also a very sweet and fruity flavor. There is a alcoholic hint, but not too strong. Overall, this is definitely one of the best DIPAs I have had, if not the best. Also, it is probably one of the most widely available ones. I highly recommend trying it.

3.5/5  rDev -17.5%

4.2/5  rDev -0.9%

A-golden amber color with a huge off-white head which is slow to dissipate and leaves great lacing

S-herbal, citrus and pine with some bready aromas

T-Solid malt flavors with pine and fruit upfront with nice solid hop bitterness throughout and slight sweetness in the finish

F-medium rich almost oily body with moderate carbonation

O-a solid DIPA and would be near my top if not for the sweetness in the finish

90 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery