90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

Ratings: 15,567 |  Reviews: 3,902

4.7/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

from bottle into duvel tulip

A- crystal clear orange; a one finger white head with some lacing, doesnt hang around too long

S- hops, rich sweet roasted malt, some smoke, citrus, and a sugary sweetness

T- yummy hops, sweet roasted malt, caramel, syrup. a bit of coffee and maybe chocolate that i seemed to detect only on the first few sips

M- excellent. nice creamy feeling despite very clear appearance

O- i really enjoy this brew. top notch imo. the first time i drank this was at the beginning of my 'craft beer journey' and it was nice to have again, now that i am able to appreciate the flavors etc more. this brew is near perfect imo. the flavor keeps you wanting more and the complexity makes it interesting to drink again and again.

4.37/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I have this beer on tap and it is great. I am not usually a big IPA kind of guy but this beer I really like. Usually hops on an IPA will hit my stomach and I cannot keep drinking them. This beer is different.

A-small head but nice lace on the glass

S-It has a nice hop aroma without being too bitter. Good balance

T-Similar to the smell - good balance. Not to harsh like some IPA's

M-Ignoring the taste the feel is just a bit above average.

Overall I really like this beer (hence why I have it on tap)...I can't say enough about the taste of this beer.

3.5/5  rDev -17.5%

3.75/5  rDev -11.6%

3.5/5  rDev -17.5%

4.25/5  rDev +0.2%

I got this bottle this week when i met Pat, Mendvicdog, in Amsterdam. I had some Westvleteren bottles for him and i got this one as a gift. Thanks Pat.

The weekend starts today for me so i thought thos bottles was a nice weekendstarter.

Poured in my Struise glass this beer looks nice, coppercoloured beer and a very nice and consistant head. Very very little carbonation.

A nice dry hoppy smell and the taste is wonderfull. The hops are definetly there but overwhealming. Good job Sam! The alcohol is really well hidden.

90 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery