Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

4.16/5  rDev -2.6%

3.92/5  rDev -8.2%

3.84/5  rDev -10.1%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

This will piggyback off the other reviews. The pour generated a fantastic darker gold (apricot?) color that had virtually no haze at all. Clear through, which seemed odd for a big hop beer. June 2014 bottling date poured Sept 2014. Too long?

Nice pine-dominant hop aroma. Poured cold, so I let it sit awhile. It need it. First sips were not as flavorful as "maybe the best IPA in America" should warrant. However, I do have a West Coast bias, so...

Once allowed to develop this did indeed deliver lovely piney and floral hop notes. Minimal malt with a little stickiness-alcohol in the finish: exactly what I want in an IIPA. Top shelf stuff, even for an East Coast effort.

3.84/5  rDev -10.1%

4.4/5  rDev +3%

4.35/5  rDev +1.9%

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

3.25/5  rDev -23.9%

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

I know there are IPA's I've not tried yet, so I've reserved 0.25 for 120 IPA. This was absolutely wonderful. My son and I were amazed at how smooth the IP was. A thorough pleasure to sip and enjoy. It cost a lot so it's a rare treat, but I will do this again.

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%