90 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate.

90 Minute IPA was the first beer we continuously hopped, allowing for a pungent -- but not crushing -- hop flavor.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-19-2001

4.95/5  rDev +15.9%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

My favorite IPA. Complex and well balanced favor all the way through.

4.6/5  rDev +7.7%

4.12/5  rDev -3.5%

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%

The first time I had this beer was what really turned me on to IPA's, its what you think of when you drink a DIPA, although I have drank many more since that blow this one away. I recently saw this on sale so I thought I would give it a good overview now that I am more in tune with the style and I will have to say that after trying some other bruisers that this one was a bit disappointing. I say this because I have become somewhat of a hop addict. I felt that there was too much malt in the beer making it a bit too sweet for what I prefer. Nevertheless, I will give it a higher mark because it was the beer that got me into the style and for that reason it does deserve a higher place in the pantheon of DIPA's. If nothing else it is produced year around and is pretty much obtainable everywhere and often you can find grocery stores that mark it down, which as we know is a nice thing considering the rising prices of beer lately.

4.32/5  rDev +1.2%