World Wide Stout | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Brewed with a ridiculous amount of barley, World Wide Stout is dark, rich, roasty and complex. This Ageable Ale clocks in at 15-20% ABV and has a depth more in line with a fine port than with a can of cheap, mass-marketed beer.

Added by Todd on 01-02-2002

Ratings: 4,848 |  Reviews: 1,781
3.5/5  rDev -15.5%

3.5/5  rDev -15.5%

3.75/5  rDev -9.4%

4.34/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: thin tan head that disappears quickly(due to high alcohol), black

Aroma: Sweet Malt, dark fruit, chocolate, coffee, alcohol

Flavor: lots of dark Fruits, , chocolate, roasted grains, coffee, light vanilla, med bitterness, but balanced towards sweet malt, alcohol

Mouthfeel: med-high body , med low carb

Overall: High alcohol stout balanced more towards malt than bitterness. Lots of dark fruits. Despite the high alcohol not harsh. Expensive.

12oz bottle with laser etching bottled on 12/11/13

4.52/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

2013 vintage poured into a Stone tulip glass. Yes, this beer is not cheap: either in price or in quality. I was hesitant about cracking open my first bottle as I had heard it was better "aged". Well, I decided to try one of my two '13 bottles now and I am not sorry.
This beer is complex, tasty and a very slow sipper. Enjoy the jet black appearance and dried fruit smell as you begin your journey. On my first sip I encounter raisins, coffee, char and a pleasant alcohol heat. The taste is complex and a delight for any imperial stout lover. Mouthfeel is full and sticky. This glass took me more than an hour to complete and as it warmed, I encountered more complexity and flavors. I have a 2009 bottle that I will try in a couple of weeks and compare to the one I just enjoyed. I am also on my way to purchase a few more bottles before they are gone. Price be damned! It is unique and delicious.
One of the better non BA stouts I've had.

4.68/5  rDev +13%

12 oz. bottled 1/15/2014. Wow. How to even describe this... More like a liqueur than beer. Alcohol heat on the nose. Pours deep black with a dark tan head, moderate lacing. Tastes incredible, not as boozy as I had anticipated. Still a good amount of alcohol heat with dark roast, chocolate, toffee. Just so good.

3.9/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

World Wide Stout from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery