Festina Pêche | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Availability: Summer

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

Added by dherling on 02-26-2007

Ratings: 4,323 |  Reviews: 1,364
4.09/5  rDev +11.7%

3.93/5  rDev +7.4%

3.54/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Undated bottle into pint glass. Pours a hazy light gold with almost no head. Initial impression is peachy tartness. Kinda like liquid SweeTarts candy. Mouthfeel is medium; carbonation is on the light side. Despite the light carbonation, it's still quite refreshing. Very fruity for my taste though. My ratings reflect my personal preferences, not the quality of the beer.

3.65/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a very slightly hazy orange gold with a small white head. Smells of sweet peaches, tropical fruit, and wheat. Tastes of sweet and sour peaches. Light bodied with medium carbonation. Overall this is a good beer, albeit not my usual style.

3.71/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.36/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.88/5  rDev +6%

12 oz bottle. Peach is barely noticeable in the nose. I smell mostly just wheat. Nice hazy gold color with no head. Very tart! Peach flavor is very prominent, sour. Tartness lingers on the back of the tongue.

The appearance had a nice looking golden bronzed orange color with a nice half fingered white foamy head that quickly died. The smell had a really nice authentic peach to apricot to somewhat spicy sort of maybe "ginger" (I’m going out on a limb on that one), sigh, all tightly packed into a slightly refreshing sort of citrusy-ness. The taste was sweet fruity refreshingness over top of some nice light peachy sort of malts. On the palate, this one sat somewhat light to medium with a decent sort of refreshing quality covering my mouth and tongue and revealing a nice super Summer-y coating overall. Overall, what a nice beer by DFH, geez louise, I would love to have this again and in my opinion, I think it would go well with a nice seafood dish.

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.8/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.15/5  rDev +13.4%

3.94/5  rDev +7.7%

3.61/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from 12oz glass into Stone Brewing Goblet. Bottled on May 1st 2017.

L: Hazy pale yellow, thin white head fades quickly as usual with this style.

S: Fruit, sour funk, wheat.

T: Peach really comes through in flavor and not aroma, very fruity and has a good tartness. Wheaty here too.

F: Light bodied, crisp and slightly dry.

O: I am not a big sour guy and the first sour I liked was Bell's Oarsman Ale, this is also good and hopefully it opens the door for me to try more sours.

3.71/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.42/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.6/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%

3.05/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Purchased as 64 ounce growler. Nice head after moderately gentle, tilted pour. A little light in the bod but not nearly as thin and lifeless as some other Berliners.

Nice subtle peach. Perfect amount of fruit for my taste for when I'm in the mood for fruit. I breathe the peach more than taste it.

Taste is a pleasant neutral sour but I'd like it more if it were more sour. Could use A LOT more funk. Nice for warm sunny day, I guess.

Not sure what cost is on those 4-packs but the growler was cheap. If it were more than $8 or $9 I'd probably do something else.

3.96/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.89/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

As the eradication of the Bottle Backlog here at Chez Woody continues, the next brewery's horizontal to be conducted is that of DFH. Interestingly, this one was a recent purchase at my former place of employment, Molly's Carryout. I have no idea how they came up with a vintage bottle, but it does not really matter.

From the bottle: "Ale brewed with peach juice"; "Festina Peche is a neo-Berliner style Weisse. Unique, tart and refreshing, this brew is so down with the dog days of summer."; "Dogfish Seasonal Art Series 6th Annual Ltd. Edition 2014 Jermaine Rogers".

I Pop!ped the cap and began a very gentle pour in keeping with my newest self-imposed standard. There was no need for an in-glass swirl since there was a LOT of foaming action going on. It finally created just under three fingers of foamy, fizzy, bone-white head with better retention than I actually expected to occur. Color was Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-quality clarity. Nose had an undeniable tartness that immediately caused my lips to pucker, but accompanied by a peach sweetness which was easy to identify. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, just a step or two above watery. It was initially quite tart, but the sweetness of the peach began to creep into the picture and smooth things out. I was reminded of those gummy sour peach candies with the coarse sugar that also start vey tart and become slightly sweet. Finish was tart and dry and I can see how this would be refreshing on a hot, humid summer's day. I will probably revisit it when this year's batch is released. For now, I am anxious to get rid of that creepy-looking raccoon on the label ...

Festina Pêche from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery