Festina Pêche | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Availability: Summer

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

Added by dherling on 02-26-2007

Liked:
3.66/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 4,353 |  Reviews: 1,368

I couldn't get past the sour. I ended up breaking my own rule...never dump a beer. That is the first beer in my life I ever purposely dumped down the drain. Sorry Dogfish.

I actually had to throw this beer away. First time that has ever happened. No Peach aroma at all, and so sour it was undrinkable. Maybe i got a bad batch but I am super disappointed.

1.12/5  rDev -69.4%

Tried this based on a recommendation from the beer store employee. I won't be doing that again. The appearance on the pour was fine. Everything went down hill and fast at the smell. Needless to say it smelled like vomit and literally tasted like it. To be fair I had the girlfriend and an unsuspecting neighbor try it to validate my opinion (the neighbor was compensated for the agony), consensus was the same all the way around. Save your money and appetite, try something else.

1.13/5  rDev -69.1%

This should not even be called beer as it has NO similarity to anything I have ever tasted before. Besides smelling like my dog's wizz (seriously, the wife agreed) it tastes more like watered down sour lemonaide. There is no fizz, no head and no appeal, period, at all.

I was so put off by this beer that I took time to write this review and it is the only one I have ever posted. And, for the record Dogfish Head produces several of my favorite beers including the 60 minute IPA and the Punkin' Head.

1.21/5  rDev -66.9%

A: Completely opaque yellow, but no head or lace what-so-ever.

S: Very citrus/fruity kind of smell. Not necessarily peach, but close.

T: Fuck this was horrible. Sorry for the language, but that was the very first sensation I had. It was so citrusy. I tasted like someone squeezed a lemon and peach together.

M: Acidic. Very acidic.

D: I just handed this drink off to a girl who thought it tasted good.

Honestly, if that is your style just go with one of those disgusting zima or smirnoff wine coolers.

1.21/5  rDev -66.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Well, I think at almost 3 bucks for a 12 oz. tall neck, the folks in Rehoboth really saw me coming. Pour...looks like flat Coors , head gone before you could say Peche. Taste...just like a seltzer with a squirt of juice from one of those plastic lemons. A neo Berliner Weisse? Give the Berliners a break and leave them out of this. This is an over priced awful "beer". Try at your own risk and don't say I didn't warn you.

Festina Pêche from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery