Festina Pêche | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Availability: Summer

In Festina Peche, since the natural peach sugars are eaten by the yeast, the fruit complexity is woven into both the aroma and the taste of the beer so there is no need to doctor it with woodruff or raspberry syrup. Just open and enjoy!

Added by dherling on 02-26-2007

Ratings: 4,371 |  Reviews: 1,369

4.5/5  rDev +23%

1.86/5  rDev -49.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a pale orange, unlike any other beer I can remember. There is a slight head, but nothing after a few minutes (though this was a bit warm by the time I got around to pouring it). It smells of peach candy. almost overwhelmingly so. It smells like a syrup. I am also getting a bit of a zesty aroma.

Wow! almost so sour it makes me pucker! -I do enjoy sour candy and beer, but this is just not doing it for me. not at all what I expected. The peach flavor to me is that of a very unripe peach. aftertaste is syrupy bitterness.

I cannot even finish the bottle. -In will not be purchasing this one again.

2.69/5  rDev -26.5%

Reposting review from hacked account (jmkratt) :(

Picked up a single undated bottle at the local store. Poured to a pint glass.

A - The beer is very light and straw in color with a mild haze. Small 1/4 finger white head with little retention. Some visible lacing.

S - My favorite part of the beer is the aroma. It's a pleasant mix of mild malty sweetness with a nice fruity peach character. Some wheat detected as well. No trace of alcohol.

T - If I were in a blind taste test I'd say this was a peach soda I serve my kids and not beer. It is tart and sweet, overly so, and the peach flavor, while dominant, doesn't seem fresh. Finishes with a wheat flavor.

M - Light bodied with a ton of carbonation.

O - Below average and extremely disappointing. The guy at the store said he wasn't a fan, which is fine, he recommended I put this bottle back and pick up a bomber of Dry Dock's Apricot Blonde. I am glad to have tried it but won't be back and will stick with the Dry Dock.

Reviewed on: 07-17-2011 19:56:51

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%

4.5/5  rDev +23%

2.62/5  rDev -28.4%

Pours a bright semi-golden color with plenty of carbonation and a bone-white head.

Aromas begin with light with the peach scents coming through in addition to same pale/grainy malt. Eh...

The taste is semi-tart. Less like a peach and more toward the tartness of a not-quite-ripe apricot. Lots of grainy, wheat and pale malt. Blah...

The mouthfeel is medium to light bodied; quite acidic and tart. Light body through the finish.

Overall just as unmemorable and blah as I remembered from the bottle. Even on a hot day this would be less than enjoyable. Pass...

Festina Pêche from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery