Namaste White Belgian-Style Witbier | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Witbier

A witbier bursting with good karma. Made with dried organic orange slices, fresh-cut lemongrass and a bit of coriander, this Belgian-style white beer is a great thirst quencher.

Added by jgasparine on 10-17-2009

Liked:
3.77/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,231 |  Reviews: 638

4.15/5  rDev +10.1%

4.75/5  rDev +26%

2.4/5  rDev -36.3%

Appearance: Very very pale; no yeasty cloudiness, just a light haze. Almost green in color. Not much head retention, and little to no lacing.

Aroma: Not much to see here; a little lemon, a little funk, but not much else.

Taste: A shadow of a witbier. It has a light witbier nose and finish, but not much in between. A little tartness, a fair amount of bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel: light, not much here. A little bit more carbonation than I would have expected, but that didn't translate into head retention.

Overall: I guess this a "thirst quencher". I don't get much of a flavor from it; maybe the keg this growler was poured from was old. I definitely wouldn't want to pay the normal DFH price for this in a bomber. This is, to put it diplomatically, a lot more "delicately flavored" than most of the DFH offerings. I feel like I was let down; I expect DFH to push the envelope, to go into bold new directions. Instead, they've gone bland.

Again, it's possible I got a bad sample; but I live in Delaware and bought this at a decent store. I'm glad I didn't buy it in (more expensive) bomber format, or I would have been really disappointed.

4.75/5  rDev +26%